Production Lazer3D HT5 - Low Profile APU Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
@K888D any word on release date yet?

No official release date has been decided yet, but I have been discussing with Overclockers the possibility of launching the case at the Insomnia 63 Gaming Festival, similar to how we launched the LZ7 last year. So that would be around the end of August.

Production is about 60% complete for the initial launch stock.

I'm not fully confident that we will be ready to sell the case by the end of August, purely because I am struggling for time trying to keep up with demand for the LZ7.
Perhaps a more realistic timeframe would be to reveal the case at Insomnia end of August and it being available for sale early-mid September.

I am putting some plans in place that should help to increase producton output so we can get ahead of the demand rather than playing catchup, hopefully this will start taking effect within the next month and eill mean we can start making quicker progress on projects such as this one and also the upcoming CG7 Cravo case. It should also help me to get some of my time back to focus other tasks such as development, testing and providing updates, also spending time in this forum which I have not been able to do so much lately.

Hope that helps answer your question? Let me know if you have any more.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
It does answer, and gives me another! It sounds like the CG7 Cravo wont be released till late this year then?

I would like to launch the CG7 as soon as possible, it all depends on how the next few months go and how much capacity I have available. I would like to say around October - November kind of timescale, about 1 to 2 months after the HT5 hopefully.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Quick Update - The laser cutting for the first batch of cases has been completed. Next task is all the assembly work, completing the manuals and packing it all ready for shipping to Overclockers. I am hoping for this to all be complete before the end of this month for availability to order early October.

Any questions let me know.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Quick Update - The laser cutting for the first batch of cases has been completed. Next task is all the assembly work, completing the manuals and packing it all ready for shipping to Overclockers. I am hoping for this to all be complete before the end of this month for availability to order early October.

Any questions let me know.
Very exciting stuff! What's the estimated price for the USA?

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Very exciting stuff! What's the estimated price for the USA?

The stealth (all black) model will be £89.99 including 20% VAT.

So for non EU residents which includes the US you can deduct the 20% VAT which works out to be £74.99. The exchange rate into dollars varies, but currently it works out about $97 plus shipping and any import duties.

Bourbon (black and walnut) is £99.99 including VAT and the other 2 models sit in the middle at £94.99 inc VAT.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Really hadn't been following this thread too closely until I got a look at the build a friend is doing and I'm kind of in love with it now. I've always loved the Lone L1/2/3 and am really looking forward to the LP version. Here's hoping the 2050ti LP is a boss. Seriously nice work guys.

Last edited:

mrp0p1nfr3sh

Average Stuffer
Sep 4, 2017
Will you be able to offer replacement front pieces to upgrade your build depending on the room (Obviously at a later time to allow people to get their hands on the builds thats the important part)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I know you got your hands full atm, but what's happening with CG7? Is it coming anytime soon or do you need to deal with this one first?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Really hadn't been following this thread too closely until I got a look at the build a friend is doing and I'm kind of in love with it now. I've always loved the Lone L1/2/3 and am really looking forward to the LP version. Here's hoping the 2050ti LP is a boss. Seriously nice work guys.

Thanks!

Do you think there will be a 2050 Ti this generation? And will it have Ray Tracing?

Will you be able to offer replacement front pieces to upgrade your build depending on the room (Obviously at a later time to allow people to get their hands on the builds thats the important part)

I think so yes, probably not straight away at launch, but certainly at some point.

I know you got your hands full atm, but what's happening with CG7? Is it coming anytime soon or do you need to deal with this one first?

Once the HT5 is launched the CG7 is our next priority. Hope to make it available before the end of the year possibly November time.

Last edited:

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Do you think there will be a 2050 Ti this generation? And will it have Ray Tracing?

All we know for sure is that up to the end of Q1 2019, 10 series will run alongside 20 series until the 10 series oversupply from Nvidia has been sold off. If there is still a significant amount of Pascal SKU's lying about after that period, it could continue further.
Nvidia ordered a shitload of Pascal SKU's during the mining boom and then proceeded to "offload" them onto board partners after the boom subsided. Those partners that agreed to absorb a given amount of oversupply would have better access to 20 series SKU's than those that didn't.

I don't honestly think we'll see 2050 cards on 12nm and certainly not with RTX. RTX features stop at 2070 as far as we know, 2060 has been mentioned numerous times to have no RTX.
The 12nm process will be really shortlived, it's just a refinement of 16nm and nothing more than a stop gap on the way to 7nm.
There are rumours Nvidia "could" pull a Maxwell and release low end cards on 7nm (Small die's have a much higher yield than bigger, more complex die's)
I really hope that's true, but again I strongly doubt it would be RTX enabled, the low end cards are hamstrung with low Cuda count and the 128bit DDR interface. Would make no sense to add it when clearly the 2080ti isn't even enough for the first iterations of RTX hardware and software.

Sorry for the ramble ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: K888D

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Wow, this case is gorgeous. Well done, OP. And it looks like it's just about perfect for the APU build I'm planning dreaming up. The extra width makes me hopeful that this can fit what I want in terms of internal PSU (MeanWell 12V AC-DC) and cpu cooling. The price is nice too. What will availability be like when this arrives - are we talking "all gone within days", or might I be able to snag one when I'm getting closer to actually making this build (some time into the new year at the earliest, though I might be able to buy the case early)?

Also, would it be possible to order custom side panels of some sort? In particular, I want/need a mount for a 140mm fan over the CPU/motherboard. I'll be using some ... non-standard cooling.

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Wow, this case is gorgeous.

Thank you!

The extra width makes me hopeful that this can fit what I want in terms of internal PSU (MeanWell 12V AC-DC) and cpu cooling.

I'm not sure what the dimensions of the MeanWell AC-DC are, but there is space for fitting the HDPLEX 300W AC-DC unit, but it will need to be installed in the case with velcro or something similar as there isn't any official mounting points for it.

There are however official mounting points for the HDPLEX 400w HiFi DC-ATX board though, as well as an assortment of mounting points and holes throughout the case for various hardware, it's sort of like a Swiss army knife design with lots of layout and mounting options.

What will availability be like when this arrives - are we talking "all gone within days",

I honestly don't know, it could go either way. I'm delivering 50 cases in total as the launch stock. I wouldn't expect it to sell out in days if I'm honest, probably a month or 2, so you should be able to pick one up pretty easily.

For those who live in countries that Overclockers UK cannot deliver to, the case will be available directly through Lazer3D's website made to order, so expect a 2 or 3 week lead time when ordering direct.

might I be able to snag one when I'm getting closer to actually making this build (some time into the new year at the earliest, though I might be able to buy the case early)?

The plan is for this case to be continually produced into the foreseeable future, it's not just a single batch.

Also, would it be possible to order custom side panels of some sort? In particular, I want/need a mount for a 140mm fan over the CPU/motherboard. I'll be using some ... non-standard cooling.

Yes this is something we can do no problem, just message me here or email kevin@lazer3d.com closer to the time and we can discuss.

Cheers!

Reactions: Valantar

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Thank you!

I'm not sure what the dimensions of the MeanWell AC-DC are, but there is space for fitting the HDPLEX 300W AC-DC unit, but it will need to be installed in the case with velcro or something similar as there isn't any official mounting points for it.

There are however official mounting points for the HDPLEX 400w HiFi DC-ATX board though, as well as an assortment of mounting points and holes throughout the case for various hardware, it's sort of like a Swiss army knife design with lots of layout and mounting options.

I honestly don't know, it could go either way. I'm delivering 50 cases in total as the launch stock. I wouldn't expect it to sell out in days if I'm honest, probably a month or 2, so you should be able to pick one up pretty easily.

For those who live in countries that Overclockers UK cannot deliver to, the case will be available directly through Lazer3D's website made to order, so expect a 2 or 3 week lead time when ordering direct.

The plan is for this case to be continually produced into the foreseeable future, it's not just a single batch.

Yes this is something we can do no problem, just message me here or email kevin@lazer3d.com closer to the time and we can discuss.

Cheers!

Mean Well 200w is 2"x4", Mean Well 400w is 3"x5"