Concept Laud Case A-1 by Laud Design Lab 6.9 Liters Dual 92mm Radiator

dyjsh.14

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020

Here are the features of the Case:

Putting up together the different parts of the case is the same as the formdt1 in which you have to assemble the actual body of the case first before putting in the components inside.

Inspired by Formd T1 and based of the model of Dan Case a4.

Smallest case possible that supports dual 92mm radiator for better cpu cooling.

Perforated panels for maximum airflow and aesthetic.

Push pin locking mechanism for ease of removal and quick access and installation.

Travel pc - Because of its size, it aims to provide ease for those who needs their PC on the go. Just put it in your hardcase, and you’re good to go.

Bays:
-1x2.5 inches ssd/hdd

Fans:
-2x92mm fans

Radiator support:
-1x92mm radiator
-1x84mm radiator

Hardware clearance:
-Itx motherboard
-Flex atx psu
-270mm max gpu length
-47mm max cpu cooler height

Size:
-Dimension:273x114x223mm
-Volume: 6.9 liters

Please leave a comment and/or suggestions below. I am all ears for the improvement of my work. Thank you!​

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
The case is looking fantastic and the concept is nice, but won't there be too little room for the cables? (As the PSU barely fits)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dyjsh.14

jchang91010

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2020

This similar case is able to fit 2 2.5drives next to the psu, a good idea to increase compatibility. Or, you can have psu sit all the way to the side and leave a cut out of the backbone so reference rtx card like 3070 can breath and cool better.

Hate to say this because I like how compact this is, but you might want to increase the width to accomodate thicker gpu (~50mm thick) since gpus are trending to become bigger and more power hungry. Right now, you are limited to rtx 3070 or rx6800 references. (most 3rd party ones are way thicker, but then again, might defeat the purpose of going with flex atx, so idk) Who knows what AMD and Nvidia are coming up with next gen. At least increase the gpu clearance by 2mm to avoid fan turbulance. (I have the zs a4s v3 and the gpu fan is awfully close to the side panel. The fan is noticeably quieter when the side panel is removed)

If the front panel is removable, you might want to have a cut out so gpu like rx6800 which is exactly 267mm have a easier time fitting in. (take a look at the new dan case H20)

Last edited:

dyjsh.14

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020

This similar case is able to fit 2 2.5drives next to the psu, a good idea to increase compatibility. Or, you can have psu sit all the way to the side and leave a cut out of the backbone so reference rtx card like 3070 can breath and cool better.

Hate to say this because I like how compact this is, but you might want to increase the width to accomodate thicker gpu (~50mm thick) since gpus are trending to become bigger and more power hungry. Right now, you are limited to rtx 3070 or rx6800 references. (most 3rd party ones are way thicker, but then again, might defeat the purpose of going with flex atx, so idk) Who knows what AMD and Nvidia are coming up with next gen. At least increase the gpu clearance by 2mm to avoid fan turbulance. (I have the zs a4s v3 and the gpu fan is awfully close to the side panel. The fan is noticeably quieter when the side panel is removed)

If the front panel is removable, you might want to have a cut out so gpu like rx6800 which is exactly 267mm have a easier time fitting in. (take a look at the new dan case H20)
I'll consider fitting 2 2.5 inch SSD for better compatibility.

You're right. Accommodating a larger GPU is pointless since flex atx PSU can't handle the load of it. I'm also taking into account the size and portability of the case.

Zs a4s has a width of 114mm which is the same width as the laud case. The 49mm CPU cooler height vs the 47mm CPU cooler height of the case has a difference of 2mm which is now allocated to the GPU side. So rest assured that the turbulence of the fan is avoided.

There's a cutout on the front for the GPU to fit in. It's just not seen on the rendered images.

Reactions: jchang91010

coby

Chassis Packer
Aug 16, 2021
This is TINY holy, love the concept GLWIC will keep an eye on it wish it had a bigger brother to accommodate 120mm fans.

• Love

jchang91010

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2020
asetek 645lt might be a pouplar AIO choice here so make sure its compatible and still provide the ability to install another 92mm fan next to the AIO.

• Love

nightmr

Chassis Packer
Apr 8, 2017
Just using that radiator to cool the gpu, which can be made in single slot size with water block. CPU then can use 47mm cooler, which is enough for gaming.

• Love