Announcement Join the Smallformfactor.net HWbot Team.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I've more submissions blocked due to this prehistorical constraint of windows 8/10 limitation with MB that can change their bclk...what a waste of time

At least it will save me time to play instead of benchmarking

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Editorial Staff
Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Yeah, there is a Windows 10 bug with timing that can allow people to spoof benchmark scores.

It's not a matter of people necessarily reporting you, it's a matter of their team purging some Windows 10 submissions until the bug is fixed by MS to ensure that all submissions are valid.

Original Report: http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2684_windows_10_affected_by_same_downclock_bug_like_windows_88.1_disallowed_for_now

Skylake: http://hwbot.org/newsflash/3182_important_windows_88.110_allowed_on_skylake__clarification_on_engineering_hardware

Ryzen post, same issue: http://hwbot.org/newsflash/4335_ryzen_platform_affected_by_rtc_bias_w88.110_not_allowed_on_select_benchmarks

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
well, I was aware of these bugs...but as far as I know sleep bug was corrected.

anyway I won't spend much time on benchmark as everything is almost forbidden...it's a pity as I received my new gpu..:D

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Silver Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Gonna have to wait a bit on adding anything more, my motherboard was pulled from an HP Pavilion and wasn't recognized by HW Bot :/

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Editorial Staff
Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
haha, no way! A little friendly competition can be a lot of fun.

I should have a new rig to bench shortly and I believe that it's similarly specced to yours so it should help to ensure that both of our rigs are decently optimized.

Reactions: Phuncz

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Ahah friendly competition, that was i love..:)

Eager to see your new setup..:)

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Editorial Staff
Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
haha, me too.

It's actually a gift for my wife but I'm going to abuse it before gifting it to her so she legitimately thinks that it's my new computer.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well, well, another 8 scores blocked due this stupid windows 10 blockade...I'll finish by hate this hwbot.org...they can stay with their stupid windows 7 and windows XP...hoping there is more wannacry to crush their obsolete os...

By the way...windows 10 is using HPET...that is consuming more ressources than on windows 7 and previous...so, so frustrating!!!!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Reactions: 3lfk1ng and Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Head writer SFF.N
SFF Workshop
Editorial Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'm 4th in the team! Also submitted a 3.7 => 4.5ghz OC on my Athlon. w00t.

Reactions: Phuncz

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Editorial Staff
Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Nice job on that 1st place. Those are always nice ones to find and own.

Does anyone else ever get that feeling when you're decently proud of a benchmark score only for the HWBot results to show that you're nearly at the bottom of all who have submitted scores with that same hardware.

I must be missing some sort of optimization or something... or perhaps I just need to overclock more.