Log JK’s Jonsplus BO 100

KingJ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 29, 2019
Hello all!
I saw the new Jonsplus BO 100 a few weeks ago (sub brand of Jonsbo) and fell it love with the retro clean aesthetic! So naturally I immediately hopped online and ordered one! 😁

Finally arrived today, below are a couple of quick photos:

Originally I had planned to build this with a 5600x and 3060ti, however after looking into doing a water cooled build, I’ve started toying with the idea of putting a water cooled 3080 in here with a small custom loop, possibly with the 5600x too.

Only caveat is that there is only space for a single 120mm radiator, however after looking at LTT and OT’s YouTube channels, both of which water cooled a 3090 with 120/140mm rads I’m thinking it may actually be possible!
I’d love some input from anyone who has better water cooling knowledge than myself though (which would be everyone) as to whether they think it could work, it would definitely requires GPU undervolt but I’m happy to do that and more!

Please drop a comment with your thoughts and once again, hello all!
J.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Well, they make some pretty big 120mm rads, like this. While there are diminishing returns, you are going to need every bit of cooling potential.

I would do a pull configuration, a NF-A12x25 with a fan-gasket, exhausting out the back. While a push-pull is superior, with a glass front, I don't think it'll be as effective. Be sure to remove the dust filter at the back as it is useless when you have the fan running in exhaust.

I would not set a radiator as intake; it would turn the whole case into a hot-box.
edit: on second thought, thinking on this.... IDK which way would be better. It looks like there are enough vents that you could run positive pressure.

Last edited:

KingJ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 29, 2019
I would do a pull configuration, a NF-A12x25 with a fan-gasket, exhausting out the back. While a push-pull is superior, with a glass front, I don't think it'll be as effective. Be sure to remove the dust filter at the back as it is useless when you have the fan running in exhaust.
Interesting, thanks for the message. I didn’t know fan gaskets were even a thing, but having done a little research they may well add in a bit of potential to the system. As you say, I’ll need every bit I can get!

My instinct is to go exhaust, solely to help the internals of the system exhaust a bit of heat as well. Do you have any recommendations for the best radiator brands? I see Hardwarelabs recommended a lot (apologies if I shouldn’t name brands) but I am totally open to any brand!
Thanks!

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Here is a hardware labs rad that could work. I have not pulled the trigger on watercooling, but I've done a ton of research. My current build would be limited to a single 120m rad as well IF I ever decide to do it. At present, heat isn't an issue.

If I ever upgrade, however, it's nice to know that I have options for more powerful hardware.

KingJ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 29, 2019
Here is a hardware labs rad that could work. I have not pulled the trigger on watercooling, but I've done a ton of research. My current build would be limited to a single 120m rad as well IF I ever decide to do it. At present, heat isn't an issue.

If I ever upgrade, however, it's nice to know that I have options for more powerful hardware.
Hardwarelabs does seem to get rave reviews! Will order one and see if it will fit in the case 👍