Log FormD T1 build | Kindly asking for help :)

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
Can’t write off a entire brand based on a incident right?
No, but if you google it, the occurrences are far more than deemed comfortable, at least to me.
Here, and check the comments too!
I would take zero risks on watercooling and rather pay more for that as an insurance. 2 things I never cheap out on; powersupplies and cooling (water cooling especially).

Last edited:

NewUser11

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
No, but if you google it, the occurrences are far more than deemed comfortable, at least to me.
Here, and check the comments too!
I would take zero risks on watercooling and rather pay more for that as an insurance. 2 things I never cheap out on; powersupplies and cooling (water cooling especially).

thanks a lot for pointing this out!

br0qn

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Nice, I also got my t1 preorder, must have been a large window this time around. From the looks of it we'll be building at the same time ;D

NewUser11

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Nice, I also got my t1 preorder, must have been a large window this time around. From the looks of it we'll be building at the same time ;D

Congrats! And indeed this 'window' seems much bigger.

Do you have your parts list in place? If so, please share!

Cheers

NewUser11

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Since I will be most likely rocking the new Ryzen 9 5900X in this build. I was wondering for which RAM I should go. I've been told that a set of 3600mhz RAM would be best in this specific setup. However, I'm curious what you guy's think.. Please let me know.

Below there is a list of RAM sets i'm considering.
1. Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
2. G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 (Does this even fit in my set-up?)
3. G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 (Does this even fit in my set-up?)
Any suggestions are welcome

*Updated partslist (for now)
MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 5900x
CPU CoolerCorsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM Liquid + Noctua A12x15 PWM Chromax 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fans
GPUAsus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TUF GAMING OC
RAMNot sure yet
StorageSamsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
StorageSamsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
PSUCorsair SFX750

Besides the missing RAM modules, am I missing something else in order to build this system? Specific cables etc. Are there any cablemod version cables available to make this build look even better (internally)

Is any of you also interested in a log of the build of my own custom matt black desk where this beauty will have a spot on? Let me know and I will log this adventure with details as well :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

br0qn

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Do you have your parts list in place? If so, please share!

I have a thread going with a link to a spreadsheet for build planning you might find it useful

Not sure about your RAM, I think clearance depends on several factors one of which might be? which configuration you're building in (2.5 or 3 slot gpu) but Ithink more importantly things like your CPU block and fittings/tubing.

J-HACK is the cable I'm currently looking at to keep things tidy, but there are others like pslate.

Hope that hepls.

edit - here is a post with the Jhack cable in use and looks like he might be using the Gskill RAM you linked

Last edited:

NewUser11

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
I have a thread going with a link to a spreadsheet for build planning you might find it useful

Not sure about your RAM, I think clearance depends on several factors one of which might be? which configuration you're building in (2.5 or 3 slot gpu) but Ithink more importantly things like your CPU block and fittings/tubing.

J-HACK is the cable I'm currently looking at to keep things tidy, but there are others like pslate.

Hope that hepls.

edit - here is a post with the Jhack cable in use and looks like he might be using the Gskill RAM you linked

Thanks!

I will go for the pslate cables.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Since I will be most likely rocking the new Ryzen 9 5900X in this build. I was wondering for which RAM I should go. I've been told that a set of 3600mhz RAM would be best in this specific setup. However, I'm curious what you guy's think.. Please let me know.

Below there is a list of RAM sets i'm considering.
1. Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
2. G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 (Does this even fit in my set-up?)
3. G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 (Does this even fit in my set-up?)
Any suggestions are welcome

*Updated partslist (for now)
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 5900x
CPU CoolerCorsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM Liquid + Noctua A12x15 PWM Chromax 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fans
RAMNot sure yet
PSUCorsair SFX750

Besides the missing RAM modules, am I missing something else in order to build this system? Specific cables etc. Are there any cablemod version cables available to make this build look even better (internally)

Is any of you also interested in a log of the build of my own custom matt black desk where this beauty will have a spot on? Let me know and I will log this adventure with details as well :)

Cheers!
Hmm... Perhaps you would like to check out this list that lists all the heights of RAM:

So yes, the Trident Z RGB should fit. But, it will be very very hard to route the AIO tubes around it, since they're pretty short and stiff.

Some lower-profile RGB options include:
Crucial Ballistix RGB, Crucial Tactical RGB, Adata XPG Spectrix D50 (RGB), Gigabyte Aorus RGB, and HyperX Fury RGB

Well, there are a ton of low profile non-RGB options, so I can't list them all.

Last edited:

NewUser11

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Hmm... Perhaps you would like to check out this list that lists all the heights of RAM:

So yes, the Trident Z RGB should fit. But, it will be very very hard to route the AIO tubes around it, since they're pretty short and stiff.

Some lower-profile RGB options include:
Crucial Ballistix RGB, Crucial Tactical RGB, Adata XPG Spectrix D50 (RGB), Gigabyte Aorus RGB, and HyperX Fury RGB

Well, there are a ton of low profile non-RGB options, so I can't list them all.

Thank you for sharing this information. Very helpful.

NewUser11

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Just found out my pre-ordered The RTX 3080 TUF OC is finally being shipped :D Now I'm still waiting for the Ryzen 5900x and the T1 to come in. No idea how long the pre-order will take on the 5900x. The T1 is supposed to arrive in Januari.

NewUser11

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Is there anyone that could tell me which custom cables from pslate I should order for my build? (see list below)

CPUAMD Ryzen 9 5900x
RAMG.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
PSUCorsair SFX750

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Is there anyone that could tell me which custom cables from pslate I should order for my build? (see list below)

CPUAMD Ryzen 9 5900x
RAMG.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
PSUCorsair SFX750
24 pin for sure, you can also get 8 pins and 6 pins if you want them

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Thanks for your swift reply :)

Does the custom 8 pins and 6 pins cables from pslate make it even more 'clean' and tidy? Or did I missunderstood ☺
I guess you could say that. 24 pin is recommended because those are very short in sandwich layout cases. As for 8 pins and 6 pins, they are longer cables so I don't know about those... Maybe they will make cable management a little easier? Probably.