Production J-HACK PURE XL - 6.5L

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
I finally found the perfect, silent setup in this case for me personally. Removed my GPU shroud and fan, added a slim NF-A12x15 on the side. Somehow this dropped not only my GPU temp, but the NVME and chipset temps on my MSI B450i. The best part is its nearly silent!
I can't quite tell from the picture, but it looks to me like the fan goes all the way to the bottom of the case (i.e. it's basically resting on the bottom). If that's the case, the tips of the fins at the very bottom are probably blowing under the motherboard, which would explain the NVME piece. I don't really have a good answer for the chipset, though.

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
Totally missed this project, love the design !
Especially the possibility to choose between case fans or ssd, which makes a lot of sense now M2 format options are affordable. Also the 2427 is a great addition here.
It'd be interesting to know the thermals of a beefy config (i.e. i7 & RTX) & also I'm curious about the default case fans mounting (bending/vibrations with only 2 screws?)

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
awesome i totally missed this too - have been waiting years for a cut-down ITX SG05/13 style case. imo this is the ideal space efficient layout for upper-midrange setups. doesnt require risers, ultra-low cpu coolers, or niche noisy PSUs like flex (yes SFX psus are mainstream now! and nearly silent. we've come a long way). of course the ITX card and no tower coolers is the big limitation but you save a lot of space by skipping those. closest thing to this layout was the Osmi but that had some compromises.

definitely grabbing one

@Thehack question:
under the power section of your site theres a tiny board + ATX connector for corsair SF platinum, looks really interesting. works for all SF platinums? wires can be shortened if needed by cutting and terminating the other end that connects to PSU right? very cool little gizmo!

EDIT: i missed some info and the youtube video. its all good now, placed an order for a case + the cables, cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thehack

krutmob

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2019
Built mine today with a 2700x. Big Shuriken 3 isnt' cutting it thermals-wise. Have you tried putting a Noctua NH-L12S in there? It's right at 70mm so I'm afraid of it running up against the PSU.

Speaking of the PSU--fan facing up or down? Right now I have it facing up.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Built mine today with a 2700x. Big Shuriken 3 isnt' cutting it thermals-wise. Have you tried putting a Noctua NH-L12S in there? It's right at 70mm so I'm afraid of it running up against the PSU.

Speaking of the PSU--fan facing up or down? Right now I have it facing up.

I recommend it facing up.

I don't have an L12s. What temps are you getting?

krutmob

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2019
Ok, I just took it apart, re-seated the cooler, swapped the noctua fan for the stock Scythe fan, and re-applied thermal paste. I also changed the orientation of the cooler.

Idling at 48c.

Here is how it was set up before:

Here is what it looks like after rotating the cooler 180 degrees.

Obviously I would be a terrible scientist because I changed too many variables to know which one really did it.

treebeard

What's an ITX?
Jan 30, 2020
Has anyone tried to get a 3900x and an SFX PSU in here?

@krutmob how is that Big Shuriken setup working for you? what are your load temps like? I wonder how restricted the airflow through the cooler is by the PSU.

Last edited:

krutmob

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2019
Has anyone tried to get a 3900x and an SFX PSU in here?

@krutmob how is that Big Shuriken setup working for you? what are your load temps like? I wonder how restricted the airflow through the cooler is by the PSU.

Temps are great still. Idle generally stays around 55 unless the heat is really going in the office. PSU fan is running constantly tho.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator