Prototype Introducing the Chimera CX2

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
the options for the top pertain to the handle, which they've committed to having. maybe if someone has access to a machine shop, a vent top could be an interesting personal project o_o

rayuma

Caliper Novice
Mar 20, 2020
Just pretending that this is on my desk... and for those who haven't seen these pictures back in page 3.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Zomg! @PlayfulPhoenix This is going to be epic.

I'm going to do my first open loop water cooling project with Cerberus X2 or X^2.

Well, I love one fact with Cerberus X (older model), which is that it is powder coated. I understood that Cerberus X2 might not be powder coated. Regardless, this is still not a deal breaker. I assume I could perhaps get it powder coated from another service, once I get my hands on it. As long as the metal quality is good enough to get a powder coating.

Also, another thing is, on the Cerberus X (older model), there is absolutely no room to route cables to the back. Just 5mm depth might fix that. I'm not sure, I don't know. But it would be super cool, if it was possible.

Badasser

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2020
This case technically just fits the carry on dimensions for air travel... would I be crazy to consider this for a build I can use as a carry on lol.

Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
anyone here who had experience ordering a Cerberus X or an Ncase M1 / Dan A4 to the UK? how is the shipping/import and tax rate like?

trying to decide on whether i should order this case to my location for the next 3+ years in the UK, or ship them home and build/ship it over during the break @_@

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
anyone here who had experience ordering a Cerberus X or an Ncase M1 / Dan A4 to the UK? how is the shipping/import and tax rate like?

trying to decide on whether i should order this case to my location for the next 3+ years in the UK, or ship them home and build/ship it over during the break @_@

I don't know how it is in the UK, in regards to shipping those cases.

However, Sliger got a distributer in Slovakia. https://www.density.sk
It is advised for European customers to buy Sliger products from there, that includes Cerberus X V1. In order to get a better shipping price and lower import duties.

For Dan A4, Overclockers UK got it. I believe you won't have to pay import duties for this, as it is shipped via a UK shop/UK site. But I am not sure.

When it comes to Ncase M1 v6.1, a user from UK told his experience here.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
oh okay, so that's the 3 scenarios i'm expecting actually o_o thanks!
(i'm hoping the CX2 would hit OCUK, but i think that'll take even more time after launch to happen. kinda want to avoid having to deal with calling the post office for import tax in the last case ,_,)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
cards of that length should fit. the case (as we last saw it) already fit CEB motherboards

(the 2080 is a little over reference length, so you get the idea)

as for the 3-slot deal, that's up to motherboard choice, since it'll depend on how many cards would be going in there, and which board would allow for all of those you'll need

Reactions: rayuma and Timothy