SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe in time to fit the RTX 3090?

It's about between the size of the ROG STRIX 2080TI and EVGA 2080TI FTW3

It's not that oversized.

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
I learned the hard way to not give dates, b/c any change gets people mad, and I can't really control much with Covid-19

I understand this sentiment entirely. However, are we to understand that this is still an active project that will be developed further/released at some time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Timothy

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
This is straight talk, thanks! Over at /r/usbchardware and /r/shittykickstarters I keep warning people not to back electronics Kickstarters these days and wait when the product ships -- if it does.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Badasser

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2020
Yeah as long as it’ll be released someday it’s something I’ll wait for patiently and keenly too. The year’s basically a write off anyway lol.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
yup i'm still interested in this. take the time that's needed
(i've waited for long lengths of time with the cerberus anyway LOL)

EDIT: i mean the worst case is i'll buy this about a year after it's released, unless i can gauge and manage my time in school for PC builds somehow

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
good news: the 3070 could brute force a 2080ti just from specs alone and is in reference size (all while costing the same as the 2070)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
i'll be saving for a 3070 and getting to that next year. not currently in a rush to upgrade, but hey if there's going to be a super card by then....

Timothy

Caliper Novice
Aug 18, 2020
It would be nice if the Chimera were ready, but if it is not I will just be building my new computer twice! Once in my current case, once in the Chimera.

Timothy

Caliper Novice
Aug 18, 2020
With the almost impossibility of purchasing a 3080 and likely the 3090 as well due to demand there now seems to be a better chance that the Chimera CX2 will be ready by the time I can build my new computer. Though I think I would prefer to build my computer twice?

tedlas

Average Stuffer
Aug 18, 2015
I can't believe I only just now found this case.
I would like to purchase it, please. Or I'll try to print my own case.
I would hope that there would be more usb ports on the front panel. 4 regular usb 3.0 ports would be awesome. 1 or 2 type c ports is fine.
Will there be filter for the front?
Will it ship with all the different pieces? Or will it be a-la-carte like the cerberus? I think it'd be better to ship it with all the different pieces, so that it would be "the last case you'd need", and won't need to order little bits-and-bobs if you decide to change config. Although, under 200USD is a nice price, especially for us Canadians. The Cerberus (X) cases were way too expensive.