Prototype Introducing the Chimera CX2

karaju

Efficiency Noob
Jun 11, 2020
Really looking forward to this case.
I am looking for a small ATX case and was about to order the Cerberus X before noticing the CX2.

This one looks like it will have a lot better airflow than the Cerberus.

gintasr

Cable Smoosher
Oct 25, 2018
Just picked up an ATX motherboard for the first time in at least 5 years in anticipation for this case with an NH-D15. Hoping for better thermals and noise compared to the ghost s1 and ncase.

Reactions: rayuma

rayuma

Caliper Novice
Mar 20, 2020
Optimum CX2

Last edited:

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Wouldn't it be better to have the I/O at the bottom like with the M1? I feel like 90% of people will put this on their desk. Would be much better to have your headphone cable come out the bottom.

Reactions: gintasr

WHATT

Chassis Packer
Mar 26, 2019
Will there be an option to lay the case down on its side? I assume all I would have to do is attach feet to a different panel, but I'm just curious if this has been thought of at all.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
the video mentions (at 6:53) that some SFX PSUs may come with a 24-pin and EPS cable that may not be able to reach from the bottom (which is why there weren't any shots of cables), and earlier in the thread (if i remember right) the creators mentioned that they're working to address this (and the other fitment points brought up in the video)

you should really check the video out (above)

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
I watched the video when it came out. You expect me to remember everything I watch? ? ?

With the PSU on the bottom I could see that being an issue. But with the PSU at the top front, it seems like it may work.

nemesis429

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2016
I reckon a good optional idea would be a top panel to allow two fans on top e.g. if you wanted to have dual rads with PSU at bottom.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
it's covered earlier in the thread, they mentioned strictly adhering to a closed-off top to ensure optimal front-to-back airflow (unless something changed between may to now?)