Prototype Introducing the Chimera CX2

nemesis429

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2016
Quick Question, Do you reckon if I had an 120mm AIO on the rear and a short GPU I could or you could make a bracket to fit numerous HDDs in the front? If so how many would fit do you reckon (with Fans).
I think 10 or 11, depending on spacing between each drive.
Any chance you would have this option available for launch.

I’m looking at buying two of these one for server and one for main PC.

Also does anyone have any idea what the quietest SFX PSU is on the market, I’ve been searching and SF750 seems to be the best option currently or the Fractal 650W SFX-L for this case.

Cheers!

Last edited:

rayuma

Caliper Novice
Mar 20, 2020
Any chance you would have this option available for launch.

I’m looking at buying two of these one for server and one for main PC.

Also does anyone have any idea what the quietest SFX PSU is on the market, I’ve been searching and SF750 seems to be the best option currently or the Fractal 650W SFX-L for this case.

Cheers!

Go with the platinum SF750 if you can find one.

thecatar

Efficiency Noob
Apr 30, 2020
Nah, looks sweet. Has some personality. The original MachOne with the bent outer panels that slid into place rather than retaining clips was boss though, that original MachOne is the best design I've seen on these forums.

Happy to see that this project is still evolving. Looks awesome.

Agreed that original MachOne design has to be my favorite case design I've seen. Still awaiting updates on it :(

Reactions: lawney

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
You can have 5 GPU slot with a 1000W SFX-L on the bottom of the case. do you really need to put SFX towards the top of the case?

SFX psu have very short cables. They might not reach where you want them to depending on where you place the psu. I'm sure you already know this, but just saying :)

Savvra

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 7, 2020
Also just discovered the MachOne thanks to this thread; functionally not for me due to the lack of ATX support, but the MachOne front panel with CX2 internals?

Perfection!

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
It's kind of amazing that this case has the same volume as the Cerberus X while being 20mm wider. I'm guessing that's because of the direct intake front panel. If it was as wide as the M1 it would be only 19L. :eek:

Last edited: