Motherboard Industrial Motherboard Thread

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Sometimes, the coolest innovations in boards come from the industrial market, and tend to be unacquirable by consumers. That being said, they're still cool, and fun to discuss, so if you find one, post it here!

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
Google Search for "Half-size PICMG" and found this (not same model): https://buy.advantech.eu/Single-Board-Computers-PICMG/Half-Size-SBC/model-PCE-4129G2-00A1E.htm

BTW I found interesting format Half Mini ITX with soldered CPU. Looks like 3.5" SBC

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Google Search for "Half-size PICMG" and found this (not same model): https://buy.advantech.eu/Single-Board-Computers-PICMG/Half-Size-SBC/model-PCE-4129G2-00A1E.htm

BTW I found interesting format Half Mini ITX with soldered CPU. Looks like 3.5" SBC
OOoh, that's pricy.

I think I've seen that other board before, but I didn't realize it has what appears to be ITX mounting (ish). I like the fact that it has an internal power plug!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Half size? How about Half-SSI :D

Wow, that is one unit of a board.
Wasn't there a build on here a while back with one of those?

maybe this will be a nuc extreme upgrade

?

*slight modding required lel

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Here's my Pentium MMX 233MHz retro gaming PC. (using a Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold for sound) The motherboard is a Half-ISA SBC, an Advantech PCA-6751 connected to a 4-slot ISA backplane in this little case. The CRT is a 10" Bridgeview VS-10S.

Very cool! COuld we get some more internal pics?

wiretap

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2017
There's really not much to see on the inside -- it is super cramped. The whole bottom is an AT power supply, then a plain 4-slot 16-bit ISA backplane is on top of that with the two cards plugged in. If I have time this weekend, I'll take the cover off and get a picture for you.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
There's really not much to see on the inside -- it is super cramped. The whole bottom is an AT power supply, then a plain 4-slot 16-bit ISA backplane is on top of that with the two cards plugged in. If I have time this weekend, I'll take the cover off and get a picture for you.

Please do thanks!

Cramped is good, this is SFFn.

wiretap

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2017
Please do thanks!

Cramped is good, this is SFFn.
Here you go.. I got home early from work and I was able to have time to open it up. :)

I could still add another ISA card in there, or two if I removed the USB ports -- I suppose I could relocate USB to the I/O blanks at the rear.

Rear:

Top-down view:

Side view:

Rear side of the SBC:

I also have a 3-slot case, but it has no 3.5" bay. Pretty soon I'm going to hydro-dip at least one of these cases with the Doom II Master Levels box-art skull pattern.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Here you go.. I got home early from work and I was able to have time to open it up. :)

I could still add another ISA card in there, or two if I removed the USB ports -- I suppose I could relocate USB to the I/O blanks at the rear.

Rear:

Top-down view:

Side view:

Rear side of the SBC:

I also have a 3-slot case, but it has no 3.5" bay. Pretty soon I'm going to hydro-dip at least one of these cases with the Doom II Master Levels box-art skull pattern.

That's awesome! Very cool, thanks for the pictures!

Reactions: wiretap