FCase
Dec 20, 2015

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
When you consider that the original schedule for the release of Ryzen was pushed up from May, the 1-2 month delay in the release of ITX motherboards would be par for the course.

Also, due to the release being pushed forward a few months, that would explain why the mature bios that will fix memory woes won't be available until May. This new bios from AMD should really help to showcase what manufacturer is the board to get.

I can wait as long as I know it's not being rushed to release.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Germanese

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2017
Pfffft at this rate you will be more like "I want I want release it NOW !!!" for a while ... 2 more weeks supposedly and then the store need 1 week to stock it.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Whoa! Nice find.
That's the first X370 MATX board that I have seen.
http://www.akiba-eshop.jp/shopdetail/000000006280/

- That makes this the smallest board to support Crossfire. However, SLI wouldn't be supported due to x4 on the 2nd lane (min of x8 required).
- Also, with PCI-E x1 is occupied, PCI-E x16(x4) will run at x1 speed so no support for Crossfire w/ dedicated audio (which is a bummer because Realtek ALC887 is rather outdated)
- Realtek lan is sub-optimal as well.
- Wish it had more than just 1 m.2
- The 7-phase VRM really kills it but hopefully this means that more, proper mATX boards, are just around the corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Whoa! Nice find.
That's the first X370 MATX board that I have seen.
http://www.akiba-eshop.jp/shopdetail/000000006280/

-That makes this the smallest board to support Crossfire. However, SLI wouldn't be supported due to x4 on the 2nd lane.
-Also, with PCI-E x1 is occupied, PCI-E x16(x4) will run at x1 speed so no support for Crossfire w/ dedicated audio (which is a bummer because Realtek ALC887 is rather outdated)

This could have been such a great board, but they didn't want to go through the effort to use quick switches, for some reason.

The 7-phase VRM really kills it but hopefully this means that more are just around the corner.

Ehh, that's really okay. Remember, the overclocking special Z270 Maximus IX Apex only has 8-phases, which is the largest number of phases a control can currently handle without doubling. Doubling does nothing to help with the quality of the power delivery, only letting you put through more current, and unless you are going to LN2 or LHe, there really isn't the need.

dbjungle

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2017
No one in the US can yet. There's rumors it will be available within the week on Newegg, but nothing officially confirmed yet.