I'm an idiot.

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys. I have a Dan Case A4 and have absolutely loved it. One of the best purchases I've made since I'd been building PCs as a hobby. However, I did something dumb this past week. I upgraded my video card to am eVga RTX 2060 Super XC (from an eVga 1060), thinking it would fit...
Imagine my self-loathing shock when I see that it's too thick to fit and the back panel doesnt line up. So...
I need some advice/opinions on what sort of new SFF case I should look into that will accommodate this new card and all the other parts I have in it. I could, of course, get a mid tower box...but, I LOVE small footprints. Thanks and commence with the verbal lashings. :-p

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
You could use washers and longer screws to make the gpu compartment wider. Kind of like how this glass panel is attached.

Reactions: lambino

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Ok I'm confused, did you buy the XC or the XC Ultra? Because looking at the measurements the the XC should fit with no problem.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Why swap cases when you can mod cases?

Here’s a spacer that can be printed to extend the width of the case. I’m not sure on how much it extends the compatibility, but worst case scenario, you have to stack two prints together. Besides that, you might need to cut away a small piece of the case’s frame and add some spacers on the riser cables screws if you’re having issues with backplate clearance for whatever reason.

You could also fancy the print up by painting it or using vinyl to add some contrast to the case. Silver case + vinyl wood, black case + white or grey paint/vinyl.

Reactions: gppanter

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 27, 2018
You could use washers and longer screws to make the gpu compartment wider. Kind of like how this glass panel is attached.
Wow, I really like this option...but, the actual card doesnt line up with the back panel either where the video ports are.

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
The XC ultra is 2.75 slots thick, with a 3 slot backplate. This definitely wouldn't fit in the dan-a4 without significant modding. For a similar case, you could try the SM560.

Reactions: rfarmer

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 27, 2018
The XC ultra is 2.75 slots thick, with a 3 slot backplate. This definitely wouldn't fit in the dan-a4 without significant modding. For a similar case, you could try the SM560.
That's a nice looking case. That review video makes me want to get this one right now, in fact. Very well displayed, which for whatever reason, seems hard to find reviews like this that are this thorough.