Other Ideal ASRock ITX/TB3 X570 - portable configuration ideas!

minty

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 15, 2019
Hello!

I'm new here, so thank you for your advice.

My needs:
  1. Audio production workstation
  2. FAST: Have the Ryzen 9 3900X chip already and SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB M.2
  3. portable: want it in a backpack
  4. TB3 - I have external Universal Audio plugin processing that only works with TB3.
Clearly the new ASRock ITV/TB3 is the choice.

I'd like to use the Skyreach 4 MINI case
I don't care much about crazy graphics speed as it's for music.

What would be the ideal config in terms of an LGA1151 cooler and any other consideration?
The 4 Mini has only so much room.

How would you build out this system? Any other case ideas for a backpack, travel computer?
should I go to goodwill and buy and old PS2 mouse considering they put this ridiculous port on the back panel? LOL. NO.

Tell me build ideas, I'll follow through, and I'll send updates here.
Thanks for your ideas and help!!

Minty

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I don't think your going to be happy running that chip in a S4M. The L9i would be the cooler of choice and thats going to struggle with a 105W chip.

Reactions: CountNoctua

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Just putting it out there, maybe you know or don't care. Please dont use sandwich cases if you want 2.5 SSD support. The SATA connectors are right angle and next to PSU. Like Dan A4 or Ghost. I made the mistake. :(. Now going to sell the motherboard as I need a second SSD support. :(

Reactions: minty

minty

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 15, 2019
Just putting it out there, maybe you know or don't care. Please dont use sandwich cases if you want 2.5 SSD support. The SATA connectors are right angle and next to PSU. Like Dan A4 or Ghost. I made the mistake. :(. Now going to sell the motherboard as I need a second SSD support. :(

This is a good point M-jeri. Did you sell the ASRock ITX/TB3 X570?
Thank you. Maybe I will check out the L5 case recommended by Stevo_

If someone wants to support to the perfect configuration and consult me on it, I have someone to build it.
I'd be happy to pay a fee for the consulting.

Essentially, I invest in a new system every few years, so want to invest right for a good rig that will last.

Thanks much to all SFF contributors. :)

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
This is a good point M-jeri. Did you sell the ASRock ITX/TB3 X570?
Thank you. Maybe I will check out the L5 case recommended by Stevo_

If someone wants to support to the perfect configuration and consult me on it, I have someone to build it.
I'd be happy to pay a fee for the consulting.

Essentially, I invest in a new system every few years, so want to invest right for a good rig that will last.

Thanks much to all SFF contributors.

Not yet. Waiting for the Strix X570i to be out.

Reactions: minty