Build compatibility check - ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 + EK AIO 240 + RAM sticks

Ravaiel

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 12, 2021
Hey, guys!

I've finally pulled the trigger on the Ncase and now am awaiting it's delivery. In the meantime I've been looking at components and checking how/if it will fit all together. Since this is my first SFF build and last time I built a PC was at least 15 years ago I'd like to get some thoughts of more advanced users on what I had in mind.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
Mobo: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3
Cooler: EK-AIO 240 D-RGB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (2x8GB)

The above list where I'm currently at with components (I've also managed to score Corsair SF750 for future proofing). The Ryzen CPU seems to sit in a sweet spot for gaming and office work. Mobo was selected for that TB3 connectivity (I've got a hub at home where I connect my work and personal laptops). I had a lot of trouble selecting the cooler but since I want as quiet build as I can in my budget I've decided to go with AIO and settled on the EK 240.

What I'm mostly interested now is the RAM compatibility - do I need those low profile sticks or can I grab something else? I was also eyeing the non-RGB Crucial Ballistix as don't really care about RGB.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Ravaiel

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 12, 2021
Hey, guys.

Just a quick update. Hopefully it will be useful to someone.
I've taken the plunge and got the EK AIO and unfortunately it doesn't fit well with x570 Phantom Gaming ITX mobo. You can technically use it if you orient the inlet/outlet fittings towards RAM, but you'll loose the first slot (the fittings with the pump block are just to big together). I've decided to return it and now I'm thinking of getting the Alphacool LT240.

Last edited:

Ravaiel

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 12, 2021
Woooh. So ASRock really needs to work on CLC compatibility for the next iteration of their Ryzen ITX/TB3 mobos (we need more than just Corsair AIOs) - there's very little free space around socket and VRM heatsinks.
Okay, so the LT240 pump block with fittings is a bit smaller than EK AIO, but still not perfect for the mobo. Fortunately the mounting system allows for a small offset of the block (so it can be pushed towards the I/O shield slightly) and with the right RAM sticks it will fit. And by right RAM sticks I mean low profile or ones with thin shields.
I have G.Skill's Trident Z Neo kit and after removing plastic RGB shroud on the top the fittings of the pump block clear the RAM heatsink and barely touch them on the side.