Cooling ID-Cooling IS-47K 47mm 6-heatpipe cooler with 92x15mm fan - Black Ridge alternative?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
It'll be available on my website:

I'll be stocking some and seeing how well it does.
What's your current international shipping situation like? I'm in Australia but very keen to try one of these out.

Do we know if this is compatible with the ASUS AM4 X570/B550 Strix ITX boards?
The infographics show it with decent clearance in the render but not sure if it's enough with shrouds/M.2 heatsinks

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
What's your current international shipping situation like? I'm in Australia but very keen to try one of these out.

Terrible :D

There is high package loss right now, so please wait until later this year to order. I just checked and it's about $25 to ship to AUS.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Terrible :D

There is high package loss right now, so please wait until later this year to order. I just checked and it's about $25 to ship to AUS.
Does that mean you're not willing to do international orders or it would be a 'Buy at your own risk' if I decided to?
I'm trying to decide between one of these and a BlackRidge which is a bit more expensive (I think about the same as the IS-47+shipping)

Also just checking if you saw the second part to my post I edited in after around compatibility?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Does that mean you're not willing to do international orders or it would be a 'Buy at your own risk' if I decided to?
I'm trying to decide between one of these and a BlackRidge which is a bit more expensive (I think about the same as the IS-47+shipping)

Also just checking if you saw the second part to my post I edited in after around compatibility?

I can't confirm compatibility yet, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

I am willing to do it, but buy at your own risk. Depending on your local availability, the price may be similar. In USA, the IS-47k will have much better pricing.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I can't confirm compatibility yet, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

I am willing to do it, but buy at your own risk. Depending on your local availability, the price may be similar. In USA, the IS-47k will have much better pricing.
Fair enough! Thanks for the quick responses!

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Decided to risk it! No other cooler suits my build as my memory is too tall for a BlackRidge which would have been the same price anyway.

I've had several packages delivered via USPS priority over quarantine and while it's slow it still gets here.

When do you expect to receive stock?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Decided to risk it! No other cooler suits my build as my memory is too tall for a BlackRidge which would have been the same price anyway.

I've had several packages delivered via USPS priority over quarantine and while it's slow it still gets here.

When do you expect to receive stock?

:D

It should be available early July.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I'm very curious as to why the product recommend an exhaust orientation for the fan - surely in a case with no active cooling fans an intake through the side panel would be the most effective since the air it's intaking is cooler and in larger supply?

I've ordered an i9 10900f so will be interesting to see how this cooler copes with a 10 core/20 thread processor in a Velka5

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm very curious as to why the product recommend an exhaust orientation for the fan - surely in a case with no active cooling fans an intake through the side panel would be the most effective since the air it's intaking is cooler and in larger supply?

I've ordered an i9 10900f so will be interesting to see how this cooler copes with a 10 core/20 thread processor in a Velka5

I spoke to ID-Cooling about this earlier, and they may be mistaken with their recommendation, since it was done more in open air.

Reactions: prayogahs

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I’ve been meaning to look into this. Is it better for noise and temps to swap the fan to intake pulling air in?
I think so, unless you have decent airflow across the motherboard or and open air case then you'll want it drawing air from outside the case and blowing it onto the motherboard. Most cases this cooler is designed for are decently ventilated so it will not be an issue venting that air back out.

ExtremeSFFPC

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2020
I think so, unless you have decent airflow across the motherboard or and open air case then you'll want it drawing air from outside the case and blowing it onto the motherboard. Most cases this cooler is designed for are decently ventilated so it will not be an issue venting that air back out.
I'll be using it in a K39v2. Probably will test with the stock fan and a Noctua chromax 92mm fan from the L9A as well. Curious to see the results.

@Thehack any idea on shipping time? Will you ship orders on July 01?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'll be using it in a K39v2. Probably will test with the stock fan and a Noctua chromax 92mm fan from the L9A as well. Curious to see the results.

It is expected to ship around that time. No set date, but you can expect it to ship the first week of July.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018

Yeah in that case I definitely think the Noctua fan drawing air in from outside will be the best option. Although I guess we'll see when we get it and test it huh!

ExtremeSFFPC

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2020
After building in the K39 for the first time today, I'm tempted to cancel my order so I don't have to tear apart the system again. But, I haven't done any testing yet with the L9A and my 10mm duct from JHack is scheduled to arrive Saturday so I will see how the L9A performs first. I actually don't think swapping the cooler will be too much of a pain but not quite as simple as I first thought. Love the case so far!

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Feel like we need another 47mm shoot out- what with this, the c7cu, axp-90(cu), black ridge and probably some others- which one is actually the best (especially considering that the axp90 and c7 have better compatibility). would be nice to have this solved objectively once and for all (though i suspect some of the differences are in the realm of cooler to cooler variation)

This is a pretty good comparison (warning - lots of pics, slow loading) - https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2159728-1-1.html