Enclosure Hydra Mini ITX Open Chassis

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 5, 2020
Newegg is now offering a bare Hydra Mini ITX satin finish open chassis for US$57 plus US$29 shipping. Shipping was very fast air express. Finish is very nice. There are some important things to note: Do not plan on using this directly out of the box. The upturned bracket where the PSU is secured is too tall to clear the PSU on/off switch - in my case an EVGA 450 watt unit. The bracket must be filed or ground down below the switch to allow the PSU to be fastened with both screws. You can see this in the attached photos. In an online review another user had difficulties in mounting a GPU to the provided bracket. This may also require some filing or grinding to fit your GPU. This was not an issue for me as I an using it for an APU / no GPU build. The GPU fits horizontally across the back of the chassis and there are mounting holes to allow you to place the GPU bracket on either side. No vandal switch is included with the bare model. Also note all included screws are allen head - standard phillips head screws will fit the included MB standoffs.
Photos:

Reactions: dealda and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Try refreshing, that works for me most of the time. I can see the images without issue.