Prototype The ultraflow - An affordable open testbench

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Instead of wondering, I conducted a test. It appears that the bracket and fan hold up well despite the unrealistic force. However, since the product is in the prototype stage, things can still be tweaked and improved. I will be posting images with different hardware configurations soon.
Hehe, well done!
But...
there is no weight on the prototype and thus it can 'follow' the fan displacement. ;)

As you say, there could be a little improvement here, but anyhow things look already sturdy!

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023
The chassis with the fan installed weighs 1.37 kg, and the force I applied to the top left (where the fan screws down) of the fan while holding down chassis was 2.7 kN. After I disengaged the force, everything returned to its original position without any deformation. I will also be testing it with radiators, and If it needs improvement it will definitely be done. Your support means a lot, thanks.

Reactions: Biowarejak and BaK

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023

Reactions: HWI

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023

This is a test to assess the impact of extra fans placed in different positions.​

Thermal test 1 2xT30 fan on top/CPU side.

Thermal test 2 2xT30 fan on bottom/GPU side.

Waited to temperature reach stable state.

Test conducts gaming scenario.

Testing hardware​

CPU : R9 5950x PBO PPT-215/TDC-145/EDC-150
RAM : DDR4 32GB Dual Rank Micron E Die 3733Mhz CL16 1.45v
GPU : RTX 3080 10GB Stock ~320W

RAM Max : 36 Celsius
GPU Max : 65 Celsius
VRM Max : 46 Celsius

RAM Max : 49 Celsius
GPU Max : 60 Celsius
VRM Max : 65 Celsius

Last edited:

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023
Here some renders for v1.1 of ultraflow. Additionally, the complete changelog list has been added on the first page.

Last edited:

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
I've read you transitioned from Kensington to Kensington nano - my idea was to offer both options.
An additional hole does not cost a significant amount of time and money and it is easy to just offer both holes.
If only one is possible for whatever reason the majority will still prefer the standard option.

Reactions: uonen

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023
@RenG I've been actively working on refining issues raised since the first prototype received in October 2023. I want deliver a polished product and want to avoid any issues that might arise with a rushed release. But possible to tell which stage the product right now.

Main development - Still working on it

User manual - Design is finished, finalizing it is depended on product stage

Packaging - Waiting to product finish, otherwise not possible

Also while it may seem like a team effort, all of these actually a one-person operation. I hope it is clear now why is everything moving slowly.