Prototype The ultraflow - An affordable open testbench

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
The reason I asked is I think there is a small renewed interest on test bench "cases". For me especially since I saw this specific Deepcool Assassin build.

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023
Very nice, I like the look of it. There are very good test benches out there, like BC1, made from premium materials / different manufacturing methods, similar to that image you sent. However, they come with a premium price. In my humble opinion, ultraflow is not trying to beat or capture market share from these products. I understand that every category has its own customer base. My goal has been clear from the beginning I wanted to made an open bench that is reliable, affordable, and at the same time provides an overall better user experience compared to the usual low-end tier acrylic test benches out there, for people who want to buy a test bench at a relatively affordable price. The design philosophy I adopted is the same from the beginning I start with a cheap solution and work my way up until I fix the problem. I'm really glad that interest has grown in open benches, but I will take my time until things reach the state I desire.

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023
Here is Velcro Fabric Handle concept. Additionally, changelog list of update V1.12 has been added on the first page.

Last edited:
Reactions: HWI

uonen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 17, 2023
Finally found way to to fit ATX PSU without compromising chassis rigidity. Be aware that ATX PSU fits snugly and necessitates assembly expertise. A 3D Printed Bracket (STL files will be provided by u1ngear) is essential. In contrast installation process of SFX/SFX-L very straightforward through the bottom cutout can be installed and removed rapidly (with two screws) without disassembling bottom compartment. Additionally full changelog added first page.

Last edited:
Reactions: HWI