How can I mount a 3 slot GPU vertically in a Cerberus X?

zakdances

Case Bender
Original poster
May 5, 2019
Too my dismay, I've discovered that I can't close my Sliger Cerberus X case because the PSU cables stick out too far from the side of my 3 slot EVGA 2080 ti. I'd like to mount it vertically instead, but the case only has a 2 slot vertical opening. What can I do to close my case? Is there some sort of 3-slot-to-2-slot adapter I can use?

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Unnecessarily complicated and impractical. You want to have a look at adapters that angle pcie-cables upwards, downwards or a whole 180 degrees towards the motherboard.

zakdances

Case Bender
Original poster
May 5, 2019
Unnecessarily complicated and impractical. You want to have a look at adapters that angle pcie-cables upwards, downwards or a whole 180 degrees towards the motherboard.

I'm not sure I have room even for an adapter - the side of the card is almost right up against the side of the case. Nevertheless, I tried googling for "pcie power cable adapter" and didn't see anything that matches your description. Can you link to a few examples of these adapters?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I'm not sure I have room even for an adapter - the side of the card is almost right up against the side of the case. Nevertheless, I tried googling for "pcie power cable adapter" and didn't see anything that matches your description. Can you link to a few examples of these adapters?

8 Pin and 6 pin.

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017

GPU VGA 8Pin 6Pin PCIE U Turn 180 Degree Angle Connector Adapter Board