GPU High resolution VEGA video board for ITX build

theoldwizard1

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
8K resolution is here. Maybe not for gamers, but people doing photo edit are interested ! The Dell UP3218K 32" IPS display supports 7680 x 4320 which is supported on by DisplayPort 1.3 (@ 30HZ). I am looking for a VEGA board that would fit in an ITX case that will handle that.

Reactions: Supercluster

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
There's only one SFF Vega card, the Powercolor Vega 56 Nano. Vega cards have DisplayPort 1.4. They have a maximum output resolution of 4096x2160 over either DP or HDMI, though, so you'll need to combine two outputs to run the monitor at 8k. That's how the monitor is designed too - it requires dual inputs and display tiling to work. I have no idea if Vega cards are capable of resolutions beyond 4k with tiled displays, but that sounds likely (to the GPU, it's not one but two displays). With DP1.4, it should be possible to run this at 8k60, but don't quote me on that.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
I know the Vega 64 'supports' 8k but I'm not sure how reliable it is.
What case are you using? Just saying 'itx case' is very ambiguous, especially nowawdays.

fboost

Efficiency Noob
May 15, 2018
The Dell UP3218K connects with two Displayport cables for 4320P@60Hz. So the Radeon PRO WX4100 should be able to drive it. However it is an older card and I remember there were issues when the first 5K Dsiplays came out, and I don't expect 8k to work without a hitch in the first generation. Why don't you ask Dell directly? I'm sure they sell workstations with a Radeon PRO WX4100 or something comparable.