Help with rubber grommets for NCASE M1?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

So I recently came across a build log and saw these images:

My question is, does anyone know where to get hold off those blank rubber grommets for the water cooling holes?...

You can find the exact build log below:

Thanks,
Dawelio

Reactions: Arboreal

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
They are 25mm rubber blanking grommets. You can find them super cheap on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Black...c:g:0wUAAOSwImRYDzSO:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Well I do thank you very much sir for the help. Didn't know what they were exactly called, hence having of a bit of a hard time actually finding them on eBay and the like.

Much appreciated and also, very nice avatar you've got. Taken/made it yourself? If so, how did you manage such lighting and colours?...

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Well I do thank you very much sir for the help. Didn't know what they were exactly called, hence having of a bit of a hard time actually finding them on eBay and the like.

Much appreciated and also, very nice avatar you've got. Taken/made it yourself? If so, how did you manage such lighting and colours?...

No problem.

I made it myself. It's just a picture of the front of my case I took with my phone and used the filter called Vignette.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think all high end cases (not just M1) should include these cheap blank grommets in the package. When case manufacturers buy these grommets in bulk of hundreds or thousands, it will get even cheaper.

BTW, does anyone really use these openings? I mean, I bet the overwhelming majority just do not.
This article was written in 2010 which, I think, still applies today.
https://bit-tech.net/blogs/tech/cooling/who-uses-water-cooling-grommets/1/

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I understand where you’re coming from and what you mean. Although, I’ve read and seen few builds that actually utilise these still. As in using these for pass-throughs (duh) and having a small reservoir or reservoir/pump combo attached to the back, or similar.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Great to see this thread, I bought a pack of 25mm grommets last week for £1.50 to 'clean up' my M1, as those factory grommets were not to my liking.
I must post a picture sometime, as unlike most M1s, my chassis is no longer factory black...

Reactions: Dawelio

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Great to see this thread, I bought a pack of 25mm grommets last week for £1.50 to 'clean up' my M1, as those factory grommets were not to my liking.
I must post a picture sometime, as unlike most M1s, my chassis is no longer factory black...

Glad to see this thread being appreciated and that someone else both have had and may have the same issue as me :)

I'll be waiting to see your build! :)