Log Looking for PAID Advice: NCase M1 Custom Loop Build

tobias_funkeii

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jul 29, 2020
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums but long-time lurker excited to involved in the SFF PC community.

I started my first build in the NCase M1, have done a couple more builds...surprise surprise, I'm back to the NCase M1, attempting my first custom loop.

Here's a link to my FIRST NCase Build: https://imgur.com/a/dVaX0Na

My primary goal is to recreate OptimumTech's NCase M1 Double Radiator build. The only major differences are that I'll be using a 3600/1080ti.

My current part list is as follows:
I'm looking for help, and understand that everyone's time is valuable, so I'm happy to compensate anyone for their time/advice if needed.

I'm looking for the following:

1. Advice on what exact fittings to use inside of my build (how many/what type) - taking into account clearance issues. I will use the exact same radiators, fans, case, etc. as in his videos - I just can't tell what fittings are what visually since it's my first custom loop.
  2. Advice on what pump to get - I'm planning on: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-ddc-3-2-pwm-12v-pwm-pump
    1. However, a couple of questions: do I need a heatsink?
    2. Are there any other variants of this pump I can use?
  3. Ideally, if you could help me tell me what to buy, places to buy from, etc. that'd be super helpful
    1. I'm happy to compensate you for your time or donate to charity of your choice
Links to the exact build:

Upon receiving my help, I will plan to do the following:
  1. Document the entire build process visually for other newcomers like myself
  2. Create a specific part list, down the exact fittings, tubing, liquids used
  3. Post links to different places to buy everything
  4. Take final pictures to help any new beginners as well
Cheers everyone!

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
I plan on building the same. I saw someone using a stand(8-10mm) between the iceman and the case to spare some room for airflow. He didn't mention which part he used thought......

haoryouu

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2019
However, a couple of questions: do I need a heatsink?

You probably don't need a heatsink, but it does help last longer.. depending on where you place your computer.
If you have it on top of your desk, you're probably fine without.
  1. Are there any other variants of this pump I can use?
As far as I know the EK one should be fine. I use the alphacool dc310.

If you are US based, https://www.performance-pcs.com/ is a solid place to buy parts.

christyles

Cable Smoosher
Sep 2, 2017
However, a couple of questions: do I need a heatsink?

You probably don't need a heatsink, but it does help last longer.. depending on where you place your computer.
If you have it on top of your desk, you're probably fine without.
  1. Are there any other variants of this pump I can use?
As far as I know the EK one should be fine. I use the alphacool dc310.

If you are US based, https://www.performance-pcs.com/ is a solid place to buy parts.
Have you tried the EK's DDC3.2? @HottestVapes said that the pump noise isn't good. How's the pump noise in your DDC310?

haoryouu

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2019
I have not tried that pump, but I'm sure that if you lower the rpm for the pump, it should be quiet. The ddc310 is pretty quiet, I only hear it if it's like dead silent at night.

Reactions: christyles

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
It's not the exact part list that Optimum Tech used for his build, but these are the exact fittings and tubing I used initially with my dual radiator NCase loop. I hope they may help you, and for clarity, you could swap the tubing to ZMT and the compression fittings to 10 of whatever size ZMT you plan to use (I believe OT uses 16/10mm) without needing to change any other fittings in the list.

• 10x EK Water Blocks EK-STC Classic 10/13 Soft Tubing Compression Fitting - Nickel
  • 7x EK Water Blocks EK-AF Angled 90 Degrees G1 / 4 inch - Nickel
  • 2x EK Water Blocks EK-AF Angled 2×45° G1/4 Nickel
  • 4x EK Water Blocks EK-AF Extender 20mm M-F G1/4 - Nickel
  • 2x EK Water Blocks EK-AF Extender 12mm F-F G1/4 - Nickel
  • 2x Alphacool Eiszapfen Quick Release Connector Bundle - Chrome
  • 1x EK Water Blocks EK-AF Angled 90 Degrees G1 / 4 inch - Black
  • 1x EK Water Blocks EK-AF Extender 6mm M-M G1/4 - Black
  • 1x EK Water Blocks EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G1/4 - Black
  • EK Water Blocks EK-Duraclear Tubing 13/10 - Clear 3M

Have you tried the EK's DDC3.2? @HottestVapes said that the pump noise isn't good. How's the pump noise in your DDC310?

I found happiness with the DDC 3.2 by setting the pump to 20% flat and calling it a day.
In-audible once the fans ramp up past 1000RPM, just barely audible at idle.

I don't know how "essential" a heatsink is for a DDC pump, but I did use one and I would blindly recommend using one for some piece of mind since DDC pumps have spotty reliability judging by what I've read from WCing circles.
another option would possibly be Ek's VTX pumps as I believe they'll fit standard DDC pump tops. They're reportedly quieter than DDC pumps but not as quiet as a D5.

Last edited:
Reactions: christyles

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Can i ask .... what and where is the filler like he has on the top and bottom rad, i don't know what the actual part is called or where to source?