Cooling [HELP!] Having 60+ celcius on idle (Ryzen 5 1600x & X370GTN)

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
By the way, I changed the fan as an intake again, this seems to be working a bit better than exhaust. Flipped the psu and its fan acting as exhaust at the back.

Also, I ran Aida64 CPU stress test for 20 minutes and check the temperatures on AMD Ryzen Master, the cpu temps never went above 55C.

Maybe air cooling is better for this type of case. Do you think it will be better with a 120mm noctua intake fan and Cryorig C7 copper cpu cooler?

Last edited:

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
67°C is just fine for an SSD under normal load. A 960 Evo (for example) won't even start throttling until the controller temperature hits 78/79°C, and the actual thermal cutoff protection temperature is even higher (spec sheet only lists 'no

Reactions: NateDawg72

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Do you think it will be better with a 120mm noctua intake fan and Cryorig C7 copper cpu cooler?

Depending on the clearances in that chassis, try to go with 25mm fans versus 15mm (slim) fans where you can...

As for the Cu C7, again depending on clearance, replace the stock fan with either the NF-A9x14 or the NF-A9 fan...

There is an adapter bracket that can be printed out for this, and within the same thread, there is mention of Cryorig POSSIBLY including wire fan clips with the Cu C7 for use with other 25mm fans...

Reactions: Biowarejak

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
Maybe air cooling is better for this type of case. Do you think it will be better with a 120mm noctua intake fan and Cryorig C7 copper cpu cooler?
I have the same case, though with an older Intel CPU, and I'm also using an SFX PSU as you appear to be. In my experience AIOs do better than air cooling inside this case. I actually started with an air-cooler and begrudgingly switched to an AIO because my Intel CPU was getting a bit hot. I say begrudgingly because my air cooler was quieter, but not as capable as an AIO.

You may have a little improvement from trying a different fan on your radiator. The problem with air coolers in this case is two fold, you have limited choices due to PSU location and the case doesn't have great airflow over the motherboard anyway. Beefier Air-coolers tend to get a little starved for air because of the PSU (I think that was the problem with my air cooler), and the smaller air coolers certainly won't cool as much as your AIO.

I'd suggest sticking it out with the AIO and trying different fans or configurations unless your goal is to make it as quiet as possible.

Edit: FWIW, I have my AIO setup as an exhaust but I also have a non-blower GPU. My AIO is probably exhausting more hot air from the GPU than it is from itself.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
I see, so sticking to the AIO cooler seems better then. Maybe there was never a heat issue from the beginning because of this 20C offset thingy. If AMD Ryzen Master is correct, the cpu temps never go above 55C, also I set an aggressive fan profile for the gpu, with that it overclocks itself about 120Mhz more and doesn't exceed 70-75C.

By the way, thanks so much for the community support on the forum. I really liked it.

Reactions: NateDawg72