I think I found a little gem: Realan E-i7

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Thank you for acknowledging that!

That is why I called this case a gem. It's accommodating hardware that belies its size, and it does an excellent job in terms of temps and noise. Yes, it's only the two 80x25 NB fans that brings in cool air and even ramped up to 2000RPMs at the highest of CPU loads (IBT AVX), it's not "loud". At idle the rig is "quiet", albeit it's a subjective definition. Under heavy 3D gaming or similar combined CPU+GPU load (like 3DMark), all 80mm fans ramp up to only ~1600RPM, while keeping the CPU temps below 70C and GPU under 80C.

Currently, that intake is on the bottom, and exhaust is on the top (GPU side), which is by far the best orientation for temps and noise (the thinner 15mm fans make a whiny noise when the blades are close to the case, and the bottom to top airflow is naturally better for temps).

About component selection, to be honest, Cryorig C1 was not the first cooler I tried. I first purchased a used Raijintek Pallas locally for very cheap, but given that it's even larger, it did not fit in the pictured orientation so I had to install it with the heatpipes extending towards the case front. This made installing the 2.5" drives a nightmare, plus the heatsink (being lower profile than the C1) was touching the RAM sticks (I even had to bend the heatsink so it sat at a slight angle), plus this all meant I had no access to the RAM sticks or cabling. So, I made some measurements. Note, three dimensions were critical: 1) the height of the heatsink in comparison to the height of the IO bracket, 2) the length of the heatsink+fan in comparison to the depth of the IO bracket indentation, and 3) the combined height of the fan+finstack in comparison to the clearance between the IO bracket and case lip. At the end, quiet miraculously, it was a perfect match, so much so that in each of the three dimensions the cooler fit with literally zero clearance (once you include the vibration dampening inserts for the fan). As if I had the case+cooler combo custom made, lol.

Here is the Pallas fitted as described:

When I was buying the case, I was also quiet sure the Cryorig C1 would not fit, funnily, so I was scratching my head about the CPU cooler, and was thinking about the Pallas or modding the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 RevB for AM4, or modding (bending) the NH-L2s (which doesn't fit by 4mm due to RAM stick height). I'm still curious about NH-L2S but I doubt it can beat the C1 here in temps. Also C1 fits so hilariously well, and looks so good, I really wanna keep it.

The only problem C1 caused was killing the spot I had planned for the PSU plug, so I had to devise the solution I did, and again, it was done on spot and it's possible I would have an awful result like having to have the PSU cable dangling out the case, etc. Thankfully, it all worked out.

The GPU was easier. I could find good photos of the MSI card, and of some rigs that did the similar mod (Aibohphobia's Jolokia mainly), and of the case. So with some good use of GIMP, I was quiet sure it would fit and I purchased the card before I had received the case. The DVI connector thing (with respect to the IO bracket) though was a real Hail Mary situation: I was totally not sure it would fit, heck I wasn't even thinking about that case screw that comes so close too. If it didn't fit, I was thinking, I would do some modding, but quiet miraculously again, it wasn't necessary.

I'm thinking about buying the Cryorig C1 for my Relan Ei7 with AMD 2400g. Any reason you would do it differently this time around? I also modded my Realan case lid for more vent holes, I'm surprised your Cryoright C1 gets enough air intake since it looks like it sits so close to the case lid!

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 15, 2015
There's nothing I would do differently really. Just make sure your board has at least 85mm from socket center to back (IO side) and C1 will fit. Of course, make sure it comes with the AM4 bracket...

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
It's seems to me a clone of the Itek Diamond7!
Not sure which one was the first to "copy" but it may be easier to find the Itek one with other distributor...

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
There's nothing I would do differently really. Just make sure your board has at least 85mm from socket center to back (IO side) and C1 will fit. Of course, make sure it comes with the AM4 bracket...
Thanks for that tip. There are really only two of the new B450 mITX boards I'm looking at for my 2400G build, so that may narrow it down!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Well @theGryphon - thanks to @bananaboy93 I got a LP 1050 ti and I'm going to shove it in this case and follow you down a path of madness. I plan on powering the card and a 2400g with no overclock off a Meanwell 200w and PicoPSU 160XT

When I went to go buy a pair of Noiseblocker 80x15 fans, I was surprised Amazon told me I'd already ordered one back in 2013. I had totally forgotten I purchased one to mod one of the older Silverstone SFX 450w PSUs.

Reactions: xcrco

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I decided the 80mm side fans were too restricted by the vents...

Need to find some grilles now

Last edited:
Reactions: maxdfw

RichterSnipes

Trash Compacter
Aug 17, 2019
The OP updated with the imgur album, enjoy! ;) (photos are huge, so click through for details)
Your Imgur album doesn't seem to be online anymore. Do you think you could repost the pics if you still have them? I'm interested in seeing how you put this thing together.