Headphones with good mic

alinescoo

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 3, 2017
Hi,

I have been doing quite a bit of research for headphones, firstly looking at wireless ones. I looked at Logitech's G933 but from user reviews it seems that the mic is not really that good. Same goes for Logitech G533. I did not like how the mic sounded on Steelseries Arctis 7 either.

I use the headphones mainly for VOIP calls and listen to music, so not much gaming really but I like the convenience of wireless. Maybe I missed some model? The cheaper the better.
I can go for USB wired models if there any that shine in mic area.

I'd like to hear your recommendations.

Regards

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Most of the mic/headphone combos out there kinda suck for listening to music (IMO). My work around was to purchase the Antilion Mod Mic and pair it with my Fostex headphones. If you're looking for a decent headphone/mic combo for relatively cheap, I find the Hyperx Cloud series headphones to be alright.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
+1 for a discrete headphone and microphone setup. You can always optimize the quality of either to you preferences.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
+1 for discrete setup too. I have a Samson Meteor on a boom arm and suspension with some custom work to make it rock stable:

(yes the pop shield is the wrong way around on this photo)

And an old Sennheiser HD 555 headphone that's open so it doesn't get too hot.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yes I've tried it in the past, wasn't really convinced. On the other hand I'm not sure I'd notice it. But as long as it doesn't self-destruct, I'll be happy with it :)

Reactions: Soul_Est