Power Supply Hdplex 400w system question

Mr_NumNutz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all.. building my first it's system and have a couple of questions..

I have purchased a hdplex 400w and bought a dell 330w brick and I have been running the following system.

I5 7600.. non k + h55
Msi pro carbon z230 itx
Gtx 1060 6gb also cooled by a 2nd h55
M.2 hdd
500gb ssd

Obv runs fine but I am concerned by the heat from the dell brick.. I only game and after a good few hours gaming it's quite hot to touch.. I just wonder about safe work load and heat.. it's not burning my hand or anything. But still concerned?

Secondly I am upgrading to a gtx 1070ti mini. Will the dell brick be up to powering the system with the upgraded card?.. I think it's stated about 40w more consumption than the 1060. Or should I look for a better power source for the hdplex?

Thanx in advance.

eutholevonik

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2016
There are several people that are running a 7700k and GTX 1080 with the same power setup, hopefully they can give you some feedback.

Did you buy your Dell brick directly from Dell?

Mr_NumNutz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 4, 2018
Checked with dell and it's genuine.. Now i Shall see what i can find out about power limitations and squeezing my system in.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Hot to touch does not necessarily mean too hot for hardware. 50°C feels hot to touch but is very acceptable in terms of hardware temperature. 70°C will burn you instantly but is still OK for most hardware. As long as you don't have exact temperatures, it's hard to jump to conclusions...

Reactions: cmyk78

Mr_NumNutz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 4, 2018
I will try and get a temperature reading somehow and at least put my mind at ease. thanx for your replies