Concept HDPlex 400W AC-DC External Enclosure

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
I emailed Larry at HDplex the other day, to ask if he had any plans to upgrade the capacity of the 400W HDPLEX units. Larry mentioned that the next project is an external enclosure for the 400W AC-DC Brick.
So an official Enclosure may be in the pipeline sometime in the future.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I emailed Larry at HDplex the other day, to ask if he had any plans to upgrade the capacity of the 400W HDPLEX units. Larry mentioned that the next project is an external enclosure for the 400W AC-DC Brick.
So an official Enclosure may be in the pipeline sometime in the future.

In that case, no point in me working up a janky solution!

Kagemand

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
bump :-)

Even if it is just something that could be 3d printed, it would be cool. I could also look into it myself, but I have no experience designing this stuff.

jetmanblack

Caliper Novice
Oct 20, 2019
Yes, I have a 3D printer, and could easily prototype them, but fitment testing, specifically wires, is a whole other issue that I could only address with an on-hand unit. If you would pay shipping both ways, you could have the endcaps no charge. DM me if you're cool with that. I had posted, looking for a dead unit for fitment testing, but I guess they're too well built.

Something to note is that I won't be able to do thermal testing, as my current WS tops out at 135W of draw max, and I don't have a 400W DC-ATX.
So yeah, I need one just for fitment.

I've got a dead 400W hd plex brick, if you still need one. I'd love to have the end caps done for it to fit my replacement.

Reactions: DrummerMuppet

jhautz

Caliper Novice
Jan 30, 2018
Any new info on this? Id love a nice clean solution for an HDPlex 400w external brick. Currently running the Dell unit, but its not really enough for my setup. If I stress test it crashes out. It runs OK just normal use and gaming, but its pushing the Dell brick unit hard.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Any new info on this? Id love a nice clean solution for an HDPlex 400w external brick. Currently running the Dell unit, but its not really enough for my setup. If I stress test it crashes out. It runs OK just normal use and gaming, but its pushing the Dell brick unit hard.

Not really, which is kind of stupid on my part considering my 3D printer is working. Thanks for the reminder, I'll run some test prints tomorrow!

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
As a note there's an AC end cap in the resources section here:

Not sure if that is what you guys are working with.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
As a note there's an AC end cap in the resources section here:

Not sure if that is what you guys are working with.

Sort of what I'm doing. Are the image links down for you?