Power Supply HDPLEX 250W alternative - What would you like to see?

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Reactions: Soul_Est

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That's interesting ! Some are available on eBay but way too expensive. Maybe soon on Aliexpress ?
By the way, dimensions are pretty small too, smaller than the 160W HDPLEX adapter : 5x2.5x1.6 inches

The only problem with it - it's only 120w (12v, 10A) :(

nfilipac

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2016
This is awesome! Will it fit the S4 mini?

Would also like to know this. Looks like it doesn't fit in the S3 mini according to yoyo55, but is there a way to get it into the S4? I need to satisfy my newfound thirst for extreme sff builds, and the cheaper the parts I can find, the better :p

Last edited:

STEFFCIP

Cable Smoosher
Nov 22, 2016
any update regarding the quality of the 300w pico box supply?
I would like to use it with hdplex h5 case and gtx 1050 card

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
I would like to see a redesign like this with the HDPLEX.

For me, the main issue is the current location of the 24pin connector. Most builds I have seen, including mine have the HDPlex laid horizontally next to the mother board. With the current design, the PSU cables need to be longer, have to twist to align with the motherboard, which results in a bulge of the cables at the bend. With the updated design above, you can have a shorter PSU cable, with no twist that is pretty much already aligned with the motherboard connector.

I emailed HDPlex about this, and they said they would try to implement it in the next batch!...which is promising.

The PicoBox X3 has a layout that works, but unfortunately the power plug is on the back of the PCB ...which won't work for me.

Reactions: nfilipac

nfilipac

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2016
I would like to see a redesign like this with the HDPLEX.

For me, the main issue is the current location of the 24pin connector. Most builds I have seen, including mine have the HDPlex laid horizontally next to the mother board. With the current design, the PSU cables need to be longer, have to twist to align with the motherboard, which results in a bulge of the cables at the bend. With the updated design above, you can have a shorter PSU cable, with no twist that is pretty much already aligned with the motherboard connector.

I emailed HDPlex about this, and they said they would try to implement it in the next batch!...which is promising.

The PicoBox X3 has a layout that works, but unfortunately the power plug is on the back of the PCB ...which won't work for me.

+1 on this. The added convenience of having straight cables would make a world of difference. too bad I ended up buying the current HDplex already...

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Then, the DC-IN could be moved next to the other connectors.
This is the only annoying connector for me.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
They start early... and it will last up until mid-Feb. So a good 2-3 weeks is very normal. Many companies begin to shut down orders as they know nothing will move in the coming days up until mid-Feb.

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2017
Hello there, for my project i've decided to move from an sfx to an HDplex style

well, i can't litteraly choose between the pico box 500w or the hd plex 400

i've just some question:

for the pico box x7 atx 500

-is it as safe as the hdplex for the protections quality and manufacturing reliability?

-can I desolder the 2 connector in the back in order to mount them in the side?

for the hd plex 400:

- can i plug 2 dell od846d brick (210w) together in one adapter in order to give at least 400w to the hd plex by one way?
(because there's not 2 input like in picobox 500 , i want to do like in the msi gt80)

in both case is even a 300w enough for gtx 970 and i5 4690k/ I7 4790 with 2 2.5hdd?

thank you all!