Power Supply HDPLEX 200W DC-ATX

Alain

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
For over a year now I've been trying to buy Pico PSU from HDLEX.
Being a 19V unit, it was extremely attractive to me since (like most of you reading this), I have a box full of compatible 19V power bricks which would be perfectly paired with the HDPLEX unit.
At first, I was looking at the model available at the time which was the HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX.
The item was always out of stock. Emailing the company had me being informed that the 160W model was going to be replaced by a newer 200w version and would be available in early 2019.
The HDPLEX 200W DC-ATX was indeed launched earlier this year, but still shows as being out of stock. :-(
I'd love to get an HDPLEX unit, but at this rate I think I'd have more luck finding buried treasure in my backyard than an actual HDPLEX.
Can anybody tell me if there are other vendors which sell a similar 19V item?
Any help would be appreciated!

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Just gotta wait a tad bit longer. HDPlex 200W DC-ATX and 200W AC-DC are planned to be open for pre-order this week and will start shipping by the end of the month.

Alain

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Just gotta wait a tad bit longer. HDPlex 200W DC-ATX and 200W AC-DC are planned to be open for pre-order this week and will start shipping by the end of the month.

Thanks comagoosie! I appreciate your reply. I will definitely be on the lookout this week for the pre-order on the unit!

lemmo

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2017
A while on, and this 200W version is a solid performer still, but interested in getting a GAN power brick for this, as will be more efficient and so I have back-up.

Any advice please on suitable GAN power brick 7.4mm connector ~200W?

ChinStrap

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2017
I've have tested the Dell Slim 240w GaN Ref: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/del...ord-north-america/apd/492-bdhi/pc-accessories - nothing long term, unfortunately.

Dell sells a variety of power levels advertised as “GaN”: 240w / 330w / 360w

I also have the 330w & 360w (from Dell), I have tested them with my HDPlex 400w, but nothing long term. once I can get it sorted, I'd like to be using the 360w w/ the HDPlex 400w in the velka 3, but I have not had a lot of time for hardware recently. I've been too busy spreading managed democracy against the bots.

lemmo

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2017
Thank you that's helpful. Shame there isn't a Dell 180W GaN with 7.4mm. I don't need high power, or USB...

In 2021 FSP announced a U3 series of adaptors that were much smaller and more efficient, so you assume GaN, but their website doesn't specify, so you're left guessing. And then you have to find them on retail. At least Dell make that easy...