Power Supply HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX direct plug

janas19

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Superb updates! Thanks to Aibophobia for another exclusive SFF scoop.

Since the preproduction units are being mailed out, does this mean the HDPlex unit will be available for preorder soon(TM)?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I believe everything's on track for release but I don't know exactly when they'll be up for sale.

Reactions: janas19

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Nice, post office delivered it earlier than expected:

And oh my, what do we have here:

;)

I have other things planned so I won't get to it until the weekend and then I'll try to have the review up by mid next week.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
200W nice. Any chance you're planning to stress test it up to say around 250? Would be nice to know what the upper limit is : )

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ah, there was a miscommunication. This unit is just for me to test for my STX160.0 build and not for review since it's a pre-production unit.

Sorry y'all, you'll have to wait a bit longer for a full write up.

garyroks

Trash Compacter
Dec 2, 2016
Hi guys

Have anyone used the new hdplex 160 which is a 24 pin model resembling a pico psu ?
Not to mention it has dual rails and wide input. So share your thoughts on this piece of tech.
Product link: hdplex 160

garyroks

Trash Compacter
Dec 2, 2016
Sorry for creating multiple threads under the same topic. Does anyone know how to delete this thread ?

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
No worries, already deleted the other one.

I believe @Josh | NFC is planning to do a review of the HDPlex unit sometime. He can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Reactions: Ceros_X

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Thanks man. I am really rooting for @Josh | NFC to do a review on it. In fact, i came to know sff pc when i accidently stumbled into a video on pico psu by @Josh | NFC on youtube 2 months ago.

I'm literally doing this now. Well, not a review. I don't review things as I'm not qualified. I just use them on camera. :D

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Waiting for mine to arrive in the mail... any day now! I ordered a 160W DC-ATX Direct Plug; 80W Internal AC-DC Adapter; and a customized SFX Adapter Bracket which will be arriving separately from China after the New Year. Super excited to drop these into UV Siamese!

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Is that the same bracket I drew up?
Good question... no idea! I think it will be similar to their ATX version but only with the C14 AC input and mounting points for the 80W AC-DC adapter. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from Larry... that bracket is being made in China and will be delayed due to the Chinese New Year.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ah, well it's from HDPLEX then it's probably a custom design to account for the AC-DC mounting.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
He said I should expect it mid-February or so. I'll definitely take plenty of pics of it and the Direct Plug and AC-DC internal adapter.

Reactions: jeshikat

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I already have a couple of them. Hoping to find some time next week to put them into my Orange S4 Mini (and complete the build)

Reactions: Phuncz