Power Supply HDPlex 160W AC-DC News!

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
All,
How long does it take to ship the part?
Ordered 24th of last month, still not left Hong Kong..

All the components are there except this.. Making me impatient...

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
All,
How long does it take to ship the part?
Ordered 24th of last month, still not left Hong Kong..

All the components are there except this.. Making me impatient...

Send an email to the support listed in the web store. They get in touch very fast and are always willing to sort problems out. They have great client support!

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
Send an email to the support listed in the web store. They get in touch very fast and are always willing to sort problems out. They have great client support!
I missed your reply...
I dropped the email on 3rd of this month & someone from HDplex is still "looking" for it the past 6 days...!!
This shipment might be the slowest ever, in my past 8 years international shipping experience.
Beauty is nobody can give a delivery estimate for it.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Depending on the country you're in, odds are it has been shipped from Hong Kong but hasn't been updated since hitting your country (a lot of postal services are atrocious at getting tracking data online). I've had this happen a number of times where I ship a Dynamo unit, get an email stating the parcel isn't moving and then it shows up on the buyer's doorstep like a day or two later still not having left Hong Kong on the tracking system. If it's taking longer than expected there is also a good chance that it's stuck in customs.

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
Depending on the country you're in, odds are it has been shipped from Hong Kong but hasn't been updated since hitting your country (a lot of postal services are atrocious at getting tracking data online). I've had this happen a number of times where I ship a Dynamo unit, get an email stating the parcel isn't moving and then it shows up on the buyer's doorstep like a day or two later still not having left Hong Kong on the tracking system. If it's taking longer than expected there is also a good chance that it's stuck in customs.
I agree with you. But the s4mini which was ordered just a day before and posted on 27th April reached on 5th. But this posted on 24th still in Hong Kong..
Same carrier nearly same location...

update 1:Had a word with support and they have assured to send another one if this tracking didn’t move in 48 hours...
I will wait and see...

Update 2: it seems it has reached my country now...
The problem is thought the email details given on 24th the item seems to have posted only by 3rd... Not known why that delay was...

Last edited:

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
Got the shipment... as many said, this is different from what’s shown on the web page...
Not sure about it’s power rating.
Anybody have a kill a watt reading for the same?

mattmensa

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 8, 2020
Just stumbled upon this... having a bit of trouble understanding it thought because I don't really understand how a bridge rectifier works. Reason I bring this up is because I have a power supply that is not powering up and I think it is because the bridge rectifier is busted. Any idea how these work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chipresistor122

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 8, 2020
Hey Matthew, sure i can help you out with this. Yea a bridge rectifier is an assortment of diodes , 4 to be exact. They are configured in a certain way so that AC converts to DC and current only moves in one direction.

mattmensa

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 8, 2020
Ok got it thanks. So when you say assortment do you mean they come in a kit or something. How exactly should I go about configuring the diodes?

chipresistor122

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 8, 2020
You are scaring me a bit to be honest... We'll first thing I would suggest is that you buy a new power supply they are cheap. If you still are keen on fixing it yourself, I would go ahead and first learn about them more . Here check this out https://www.derf.com/how-a-bridge-rectifier-works-step-by-step-tutorial/ it should help. Goes into depth about rectification , different types of rectifiers and goes into detail about how bridge rectifiers work. Let me know fi you have any other questions.. I would be happy to help.

mattmensa

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 8, 2020
Ok got it , wow that was a stupid question. I didn't know that they come in a pre assembled module like that. I will look on google as well. Thanks so much.