Power Supply Has anyone bought the Metalfish 500W modular flex-atx psu from aliexpress/taobao?

Vertex_88

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone from yet another newbie here!
After reading this forum, I came to the conclusion that for my K39 build I need ENP-7660B. In the country where I live, delivery from Geeekstore is not available. It's the same with the Amazon. Also it is very difficult for me to order on TaoBao, I don’t know any shopping agent in my country. So the only source where I can order ENP-7660B is Aliexpress. I saw in this thread a link to the store:

This purchase will be extremely expensive for me, so I don't want to do it blindly. Therefore, I have to ask for help here. Maybe there is someone here who has already bought ENP-7660B in this store and can share their experience of using it. Please advise, should I risk ordering ENP-7660B in this store?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hello, searching for flex atx power supply 500w.
Find this one on aliexpress, it has inside photos, who can verify that this is a good one?
Or maybe anyone used same?

flex atx psu 500-600w

If you want peace of mind, I'd suggest to first try a PSU from a well-known brand, such as Silverstone's FX600 Platinum (silverstonetek.com)

That said, I'm not exactly knowledgeable about that FlexATX PSU you linked, let's wait for a more knowledgeable member to chime in.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
yup or a genuine Enhance electronics ENP-7660B which is the same product as FX600 as its manufactured by Enhance for silverstone and is identical, except for the the fan which is a little slower and lower cfm in the FX600 so PSU runs a little warmer. Arguably quieter, but I had a load of ENP-7660B in with the same Yate Loon fans rather than ADDA but they weren't really quieter and were quiet inconsistent.
Non of them had the fan weight metal tape balance I saw on a reviewers fx600 sample I looked at lol. (yes that sort of thing goes on and more lol).

Reactions: Arboreal and ignsvn

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
What is this "fan weight metal tape balance"?
You can perfectly balance a fan for minimal noise with thin metal tape so the rotational loads are 'balanced' around the shaft as it rotates. The benefit is the lowest fan noise for the particular fan and bearing. It's not practical to do for mass production though.

Reactions: Arboreal

tsar_2009

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2023
If you want peace of mind, I'd suggest to first try a PSU from a well-known brand, such as Silverstone's FX600 Platinum (silverstonetek.com)

That said, I'm not exactly knowledgeable about that FlexATX PSU you linked, let's wait for a more knowledgeable member to chime in.
Thank you very much for help, but this PSU is out of my budget i need more than twice cheaper PSU.
I see on aliexpress Flex ATX PSU with ENP-7760B in name for 72$
enp-7760b analog?

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Thank you very much for help, but this PSU is out of my budget i need more than twice cheaper PSU.
I see on aliexpress Flex ATX PSU with ENP-7760B in name for 72$
enp-7760b analog?
That link is not an Enhance ENP-7660B, just one off its many imitators. Enhance ENP-7660B is seen as the market leader its name gets ridden on to sell inferior product which is a problem. That actual PSU I had offered to me by this manufacturer, spec sheets from them below, note its short life span.

For reference Enhance ENP-7660B MTBF @ 25C is 100,000 hours (excluding DC fan, which as an ADDA dual ball bearing with 70,000 hours @ 40C)

This PSU suggests a magnetic suspension fan in your link, if that's true and the fan is not really bad quality then the PSU will probably fail before the cooling fan. More likely to be a sleeve bearing with maybe 25,000 hours mtbf at best, after all, not many users will be pulling the fan apart to check it.

MTBF..jpg
appearance.jpg

Its cheap for a reason.

What are you looking to actually power? CPU / GPU?
There maybe something lower powered but sufficiently good quality that may suit your budget better.
Also, don't get to hung up on chasing flex ATX to be modular, its not that necessary, cuts down your options and it adds another point of failure.

REVOCASES Has experience with a different clone and has some insight. Problem is, in the race that occurs to the bottom (price) it becomes difficult to get the same thing twice.

I did try to get some compliance test reports for this PSU you linked to. Got a couple of certificates, not what I asked for, asked again for the actual test reports and got silence. They are a company that also likes to splash 90Plus Gold labels on many products, say no more lol.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hello everyone from yet another newbie here!
After reading this forum, I came to the conclusion that for my K39 build I need ENP-7660B. In the country where I live, delivery from Geeekstore is not available. It's the same with the Amazon. Also it is very difficult for me to order on TaoBao, I don’t know any shopping agent in my country. So the only source where I can order ENP-7660B is Aliexpress. I saw in this thread a link to the store:

This purchase will be extremely expensive for me, so I don't want to do it blindly. Therefore, I have to ask for help here. Maybe there is someone here who has already bought ENP-7660B in this store and can share their experience of using it. Please advise, should I risk ordering ENP-7660B in this store?

Whoops I missed this question.

Hey there. So I believe ENP-7660B is one of better Flex ATX PSUs often mentioned here.

That said, I'm not sure which AliExpress vendor sells the real one. @REVOCCASES probably knows a thing or two about it, and if I remember correctly @Otamot sells one?

Reactions: rfarmer

tsar_2009

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2023
That link is not an Enhance ENP-7660B, just one off its many imitators. Enhance ENP-7660B is seen as the market leader its name gets ridden on to sell inferior product which is a problem. That actual PSU I had offered to me by this manufacturer, spec sheets from them below, note its short life span.

For reference Enhance ENP-7660B MTBF @ 25C is 100,000 hours (excluding DC fan, which as an ADDA dual ball bearing with 70,000 hours @ 40C)

This PSU suggests a magnetic suspension fan in your link, if that's true and the fan is not really bad quality then the PSU will probably fail before the cooling fan. More likely to be a sleeve bearing with maybe 25,000 hours mtbf at best, after all, not many users will be pulling the fan apart to check it.

View attachment 2498
View attachment 2499

Its cheap for a reason.

What are you looking to actually power? CPU / GPU?
There maybe something lower powered but sufficiently good quality that may suit your budget better.
Also, don't get to hung up on chasing flex ATX to be modular, its not that necessary, cuts down your options and it adds another point of failure.

REVOCASES Has experience with a different clone and has some insight. Problem is, in the race that occurs to the bottom (price) it becomes difficult to get the same thing twice.

I did try to get some compliance test reports for this PSU you linked to. Got a couple of certificates, not what I asked for, asked again for the actual test reports and got silence. They are a company that also likes to splash 90Plus Gold labels on many products, say no more lol.

Thanks very much again for help.
The main reason why im consider 600w psu because they are low quality and i want kind of a twice stock.
My configuration is:
i5 12400
Noctua nh-l9
Motherboard Asrock Z690 itx DDR4
some case fans
GPU RTX A2000
two NVME SSD