Discussion Good 19V direct plug PSU beside HDPLEX

Choidebu

"Banned"
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
So I've been rocking hdplex's 200w dc-atx for close to 5 years now. I ordered 160W combo but Larry sent me first version of KMPKT's 200W instead, which is a huge plus for me.

Since then it's been paired with hdplex's own 200W brick, then with meanwell eps 200W. At some point I even put a battery in between.

Then came the pandemic, and in the midst of it my PC kept failing on me. At first it was the gpu not surviving sleeps, sudden blackscreens, then my nvme SSD seemingly died. So the pc (in an S4M-C) was decommissioned for about a year until I had enough free time to work on it.

Early this year the time came and I moved the innards to an ATX case (oh the shame) I had laying around, hooked it to its ATX PSU and the thing was EFFIN stable. I tried putting my nvme in again, hopeful.. and IT WORKED.

It was the PSU. over 5 years of working close to wattage limit and warm temperatures must have derate some or all its rails, most likely the 3.3V coz that's where I was having most problems at (pci-e, nvme).

It's working fine so far and I have no qualms to an ATX case for now but now that RX6400 LP is on the horizon I'd like to secure another plugin board just in case..

And hdplex seemed to be out of it for quite sometime now.

Anybody knows any? @j-hack only makes 12V unfortunately..

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
So I've been rocking hdplex's 200w dc-atx for close to 5 years now. I ordered 160W combo but Larry sent me first version of KMPKT's 200W instead, which is a huge plus for me.

Since then it's been paired with hdplex's own 200W brick, then with meanwell eps 200W. At some point I even put a battery in between.

Then came the pandemic, and in the midst of it my PC kept failing on me. At first it was the gpu not surviving sleeps, sudden blackscreens, then my nvme SSD seemingly died. So the pc (in an S4M-C) was decommissioned for about a year until I had enough free time to work on it.

Early this year the time came and I moved the innards to an ATX case (oh the shame) I had laying around, hooked it to its ATX PSU and the thing was EFFIN stable. I tried putting my nvme in again, hopeful.. and IT WORKED.

It was the PSU. over 5 years of working close to wattage limit and warm temperatures must have derate some or all its rails, most likely the 3.3V coz that's where I was having most problems at (pci-e, nvme).

It's working fine so far and I have no qualms to an ATX case for now but now that RX6400 LP is on the horizon I'd like to secure another plugin board just in case..

And hdplex seemed to be out of it for quite sometime now.

Anybody knows any? @j-hack only makes 12V unfortunately..

Hey, been a while.

In forum context, as usual I suggest to check the Gurry (GUnique), and probably Revoccases.

I also saw some options in AliExpress but I'm not sure I can suggest those. I mean they will likely work first time, but not sure about long term reliability.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
How about, if its rat on a rope you're after, a Protek unit. 330W PUP330N3-13-2-1
19.5V.

Used to sell these in industry many years ago. Got bought out by FSP not so long ago, but appear to still be ploding on doing the same old shizzle. Look to be a few units in stock in mouser 134usd. Otherwise 38week lead time lol. and I'm moaning about 16 weeks!!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Yeah haven't checked in for like 9 months.

GUnique is 12V iirc. Revoccases partnered w gury too I think.

I might end up testing out some stuff out of aliexpress..

You might want to ask him to create 19.5v ones (provided his backlog allows)

I think he made a few in the past, such as https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...directplug-with-the-archdaemon-diy-kit.13234/

Edit: I might be wrong but basically he uses a 19.5v > 12v conversion circuit somewhere between the AC-DC and the direct plug DC-ATX unit. It generates some heat, so he suggested that the conversion circuit to be mounted to the case to help with heat distribution.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

inwave

Chassis Packer
Aug 3, 2021
I have been using pico-box 12v 200w plugin dc-atx for many years, and also waiting for their 24v plugin one.