Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX ITX

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Newegg had this board in stock today. And it was only today cause it sold out during the day Pacific Time. It was still there 12 pm PT today and gone by 8 pm. These motherboards sell really quick! You have to check in at least twice or thrice a day for availability
MBs are flying off the shelf literally. X570i Strix was available on Amazon for about 5 hours and then completely out of stock LOL

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
Newegg had this board in stock today. And it was only today cause it sold out during the day Pacific Time. It was still there 12 pm PT today and gone by 8 pm. These motherboards sell really quick! You have to check in at least twice or thrice a day for availability

Heeh did you order it? That's so crazy. How did you notice it got on stock?

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I have a blackridge on the Gigabyte X570i. The layout is exactly the same so yes, you can make it fit. I removed the M.2 top plate (plus fan) and installed a Noctua 120mm fan underneath. Some have gotten by with a 90mm fan and leaving the M.2 plate on; they just offset the fan and mounted it via clips instead of screwing it in.

Do the heat pipe ends block the pcie slot?

dche

Chassis Packer
Sep 9, 2019
Heeh did you order it? That's so crazy. How did you notice it got on stock?

I think it was pure luck. I'm remote working, so I check sometimes. When I checked, it was there. It was up for a couple hours before I decided to pull the trigger as it's like the only motherboard that wasn't marked up. That same day I checked later and it was sold out.

Check daily during work hours. Newegg is probably on west coast time, so check in the morning. I imagine they update the site then? By evening it will be gone though.

Reactions: dnpp123

mobb

Case Bender
New User
Jun 26, 2020
Would the backplate cause any issues with CPU cooler height clearances? e.g. with a noctua l12s in a case with only 70mm cooler height clearance. I imagine the backplate raises the motherboard slightly so that it might reduce the cooler clearance height by a few mm?

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
They could've postpone the release with a month and build-up stock in the meantime ...

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Only theoretical info without the physical motherboard. Even the Youtubers can’t get their hands on the B550 Mobos easily. What an introduction and new release to the market by the companies.
If you haven't followed Buildzoid's VRM reviews on GamersNexus' channel, this is the way he reviews every board, he sketches on photographs.
The fact that the photograph is made on a GamersNexus mod mat is an indication either he or the staff at GamersNexus have that specific board in hand. They are based in the US but can ofcourse receive review samples.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Because it is boutique form factor - who will give $200 for a board with limited features? They are just not priority ...