Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX ITX

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Do you have any source for that? That would be awesome news. I have been waiting for 4400g for a while

Nope, no proof just a hope lol. I think it'll more likely be in July though, but no source again.

Fingers crossed. Would love to get my HTPC build off the ground, my poor Lazer3D HT5 has been sitting in its box for far too long now.

I'm waiting for 4700G and B550 ITX to rebuild my main rig.

Reactions: Valantar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Nope, no proof just a hope lol. I think it'll more likely be in July though, but no source again.

I'm waiting for 4700G and B550 ITX to rebuild my main rig.
It definitely would make sense to launch B550 alongside Renoir, and definitely not so to wait until Vermeer launches some time in late Q3 or Q4. I mean, they've already presented it, you don't do that and then hold off on selling it for half a year. 4700G is a bit too rich for my HTPC build, I'll likely go for a 4c8t if they launch one with a decent GPU, otherwise I might have to splurge and go for 6 cores. We'll see. Personally I don't quite believe the rumors that 4400G will be 6c12t simply because that would be very weirdly positioned alongside the 3600/3600X - two "tiers" down in naming, but similar performance? Though I'd be very happy to be wrong of course, at least if 4400G pricing then comes close to 3400G pricing.

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
How many individual fan header are there on this board exactly? (except AIO header) On the product page it says that 3 Hybrid fan header but since the picture quality was poor, I couldn’t exactly understand where exactly are they.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
How many individual fan header are there on this board exactly? (except AIO header) On the product page it says that 3 Hybrid fan header but since the picture quality was poor, I couldn’t exactly understand where exactly are they.
Here's a direct link to a relatively high res board shot (from GB's gallery, just click the images and click download in the pop-up): link

Contrast is a bit low (thanks, black-on-black theme!) but there looks like there is one fan header next to the 8-pin EPS, one next to the lower end of the RAM, and one on the opposite end of the PCIe slot.

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Here's a direct link to a relatively high res board shot (from GB's gallery, just click the images and click download in the pop-up): link

Contrast is a bit low (thanks, black-on-black theme!) but there looks like there is one fan header next to the 8-pin EPS, one next to the lower end of the RAM, and one on the opposite end of the PCIe slot.

Thank you very much. So we can connect 3 individual fans at a time. That’s great ;)

neepheid

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2020
I've been waiting for B550 launch as I am in the middle of procuring parts for my first SFF build but I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I think these boards will be overpriced (especially in the UK - just take the dollar sign and swap it for a pound, eh) and in extremely short supply. If these B550 boards are as close in price to the X570 boards as I fear they will be then I don't really see the point in them.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I've been waiting for B550 launch as I am in the middle of procuring parts for my first SFF build but I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I think these boards will be overpriced (especially in the UK - just take the dollar sign and swap it for a pound, eh) and in extremely short supply. If these B550 boards are as close in price to the X570 boards as I fear they will be then I don't really see the point in them.
Many of these B550 boards have equal or better power delivery than X570, USB-C front header, and no chipset fan. As a result, they will likely be only 20-40 dollars less than their X570 counterparts.

The only "cheap" itx board is from ASrock.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Techpowerup has a review up: link.

Tl;dr:
Pros:
  • Top tier VRM design
  • Good overclocking
Cons:
  • Memory overclocking
Conclusion:

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
Gah this board being out of stock everywhere is driving me crazy. I'd be even ok to get an x570 board now if any had 2.5gbpe... Stock are coming at least before July, right?

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
My french etailer of choice has an ETA of June 25, but Yesterday it was June 24 and previous week it was June 22...

Soon™
What's the name of the etailer out of curiosity?

Here the only b550 itx board that might be available has a markup of 1000% http://m.danawa.com/product/product.html?code=11572088&cateCode=11 ...

Edit: hah from the asrock representative in the link above

오더를 이미 넣은 상태이지만, 한국에는 최대한 빨리 받아도 7월중순정도에 구매가 가능할것 같습니다.
Availability might improve mid july

Hmmm...

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Anyone reckon you could get an Alpenföhn Black Ridge to fit on this? Take the M.2 top plate off, it seems quite realistic. That said, I wonder if the PCIE slot would be obscured.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Anyone reckon you could get an Alpenföhn Black Ridge to fit on this? Take the M.2 top plate off, it seems quite realistic. That said, I wonder if the PCIE slot would be obscured.
I have a blackridge on the Gigabyte X570i. The layout is exactly the same so yes, you can make it fit. I removed the M.2 top plate (plus fan) and installed a Noctua 120mm fan underneath. Some have gotten by with a 90mm fan and leaving the M.2 plate on; they just offset the fan and mounted it via clips instead of screwing it in.

Reactions: Analogue Blacksheep

dche

Chassis Packer
Sep 9, 2019
Gah this board being out of stock everywhere is driving me crazy. I'd be even ok to get an x570 board now if any had 2.5gbpe... Stock are coming at least before July, right?

Newegg had this board in stock today. And it was only today cause it sold out during the day Pacific Time. It was still there 12 pm PT today and gone by 8 pm. These motherboards sell really quick! You have to check in at least twice or thrice a day for availability