Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX ITX

Klasik

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2020
welp, bought this board for Ryzen 5900X, and the Q Flash Plus feature just doesn't work.
It is either very picky about USB flash drives or I got a lemon.

b0ykie

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
welp, bought this board for Ryzen 5900X, and the Q Flash Plus feature just doesn't work.
It is either very picky about USB flash drives or I got a lemon.
Did you ensure the thumb drive was formatted as Fat32 and renamed the bios file to GIGABYTE.BIN? Also you have to remove every component except the 24pin and 8pin connected to the motherboard for qflash to work. That means no GPU/RAM/CPU/Drives installed. Check this video out for more details.

b0ykie

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
Has anyone tried out the F11d BIOS yet?
Yeah I did. Fixed a weird issue for me which I had to clear the CMOS everytime I unplugged the mains from the socket. Very weird indeed. Luckily F11D did fix it so no complains from me. Performance wise don't see any differences. Could hit 1833 IF no sweat on both bios-es.

Klasik

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2020
Did you ensure the thumb drive was formatted as Fat32 and renamed the bios file to GIGABYTE.BIN? Also you have to remove every component except the 24pin and 8pin connected to the motherboard for qflash to work. That means no GPU/RAM/CPU/Drives installed.

Yes. Did all the necessary steps.
1. Downloaded BIOS from gigabyte
2. Reformatted the drive to FAT32 (even tried FAT16, as I read that it worked for some)
3. Copied the B550IAPA.11d to the flash drive and renamed it to gigabyte.bin (tried all kinds of capitalization)
4. Motherboard only has 24pin and 8pin power connectors plugged in (and is getting power)
5. When I press the Q Flash button, the flash drive LED flashes once and nothing happens

Tried with 5 different flash drives I could find in my home.
I read that someone managed to get into BIOS with 5900X, so I will try to hook everything up and try regular Q Flash once my RAM sticks arrive.

Arie

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2018
I couldn't get q-flash to work while the board was hooked up to a Corsair SF600, but when I switched to my older Silverstone SFX-L 500W PSU it worked without issues.

Klasik

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2020
Interesting. I have SF750. I will try a different PSU then.

UPDATE: Tried with an older CoolerMaster ATX PSU and it didn't help. Flash drive LED flashes once and nothing happens. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
Is anyone using this mobo with a Zen 3 CPU and a RTX 30-series GPU without problems? It sounds like some are reporting USB issues on Reddit.

tja4430

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
For anyone looking to update to F11G looks like there are some issues (reddit discussion).
I've got this board in a Sentry 2.0 case running a Ryzen 5 3600 at 4.0 GHz at 1.148 VCore with XMP Enabled (DDR4-3200 CL16). Haven't had any issues with any BIOS so far.

I've been using F11g for 2 days with zero problems.

It seems like these new BIOS aren't quite the most stable for the new Ryzen 5000 series though.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
If possible, can someone check at what distance the armor on back of the motherboard extends from the pcb? It basically decides how long motherboard standoffs I need.

gusto5

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 14, 2020
Gigabyte recently released a new Realtek LAN driver (10.47.121.2021) which they're claiming to fix random LAN disconnections. Just FYI everyone!

Reactions: AlexTSG