Videocardz has spotted that Galax has launched another GPU that you will probably only be able to see in pictures: The RTX 3060 Metaltop Mini FG. Coming in at just 168mm long, the Mini FG is a two slot RTX 3060 based card with a boost clock on 1777MHz. One nice feature is that it's open at the rear to exhaust some of the heat the card produces from the case. For SFF users, that can be a big advantage. Combined with some upcoming SFF systems in our concepts forum, you could have a system that's a fraction of the size of the Xbox Series X or PS5, but still has about the same GPU power.

Ok...Let's be honest here. It's a neat looking card with solid potential for SFF users, but short of a miracle we're never going to see these in large numbers. However, the design looks good and when supply finally catches up with demand, it might be one to consider. If you get your hands on one, let us know in our forums how it's working for you.

Link to the Videocardz article.

Link to the Galax product page.

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Single fan.. I bet it screams :/ I have an ASUS TUF 2060 twin fan unit that was unbearable under load (hence watercooling), so I can't imagine this faring much better :(

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Single fan.. I bet it screams :/ I have an ASUS TUF 2060 twin fan unit that was unbearable under load (hence watercooling), so I can't imagine this faring much better :(

It won’t be quiet, but if you can get the wattage down to 160ish, it won’t be a jet either.

Reactions: confusis