G-Unique Plug&Play Units Pre-Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 29 2017 Update: @guryhwa is now taking orders direct: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...bto-psus-are-now-available-direct-order.1983/

Hey guys! Finally, we are ready to start accepting pre-orders for the G-Unique Plug&Play Units! XD

Why are you opening pre-order and not directly selling the units? I'm glad you asked! January 28th will be the Chinese New Year and @guryhwa will be taking a break. Accepting pre-orders will help guryhwa to prepare the orders more efficiently.

All prices and custom options:
  • Base unit (no cables) $34.99
    • Default cables set ([25cm 4pin/8pin cable] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables] + [DC input cable]) +$4.99
    • Custom Cables Length & Connectors +$14.99
    • Custom DC Jack +$9.99
  • Power adapter
    • 120w +$9.99
    • 220w +$14.99
    • 300w +$39.99
    • 400w +$49.99
So how to pre-order?
  1. Head over to our google form[https://******/forms/accqdgRrDhdtmTlq1], read all the terms and conditions, and fill out the information&all the customization options.
  2. Submit the form and wait! We will contact you within 48 hours and send you an invoice if everything is good. If we are not sure about something we will contact you as well!
  3. Pay your invoice via our Paypal.me link or send money to us via GOODS AND SERVICES(very important). After that, reply our email with your PayPal email address and account name, as well as a screenshot for us to confirm your payment.
  4. After confirming your Payment, we will send you a confirmation email, and you are good to go! :D
The FIRST 10 people who paid the invoice will receive a free 120w power adapter or a 10$ discount on the order! :D

Not sure what G-Unique Plug&Play Units are? Head over to this thread to learn more!
For more information, feel free to contact me via PM or send me an email: brian1461748123@gmail.com!

PEACE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Out of curiosity, are there any other options for 12V high wattage bricks other than the ones offered by G-unique?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Out of curiosity, are there any other options for 12V high wattage bricks other than the ones offered by G-unique?

Haven't seen any bricks that are above 200W outside of their modified Dell bricks and Meanwell external 12V PSU.

Below 200W FSP makes an 180W one. Xbox One and Xbox 360 are easily available, they output 12V ~16A.

Reactions: ricochet

Mobius

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 20, 2017
I have the same question. I'm running a 330w power brick with 7.4x5.0mm jack. Is a 7.4x5mm power cable with screw mount spacing to fit the S4 mini an option when you select custom cable options?
So the answer I got back was that G-Unique uses modified 12VDC power bricks to supply the bigger wattage. The Dell power brick outputs 19VDC.

I didn't get an answer on the 7.4x5mm connector.

devinkato

Average Stuffer
Oct 17, 2016
I put a request in for the audiophile capacitors in my google submission, but just got a normal invoice instead. Are the audiophile caps an option?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So the answer I got back was that G-Unique uses modified 12VDC power bricks to supply the bigger wattage. The Dell power brick outputs 19VDC.

I didn't get an answer on the 7.4x5mm connector.

I put a request in for the audiophile capacitors in my google submission, but just got a normal invoice instead. Are the audiophile caps an option?

Just a heads up guys, it is almost Chinese New Year. It is a huge celebration in China so it may be a while before you get your questions answered.

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
If I wanted to get the PDCB with a custom DC jack, could it be compatible with Mini-box's 4pin mini-din/mini fit jr? The one that can be used with the 160XT, or is that not an option?
Yes, but that will limit the wattage you can use.

Is the female 8-pin DC jack panel mountable?
Yes, I will release a diagram to help case designer/modder to mount it on any panel.

Don't forget to include a diagram of the solder pads and recommended wire gauges with these.
I paid for one with no wires since I was going to customize the lengths anyways, and need to make sure I do it right, but the relevant information might be hard to find by the time these ship.
Yep, we do have recomandations and diagrams in the preview thread, I will make sure I post it in the Q&A as well.

@1461748123, my computer build has the i7-4770k at stock speeds, Gigabyte 1070 Mini at stock, 1x 2.5" SSD, and 1x 2.5" HDD. Which power adapter would work with this setup? I currently have the Dell 330W power adapter, but I was thinking 400W since you guys don't offer anything between 300 and 400W. Would I be better off using my current power adapter and asking for a male 7.4x5.0mm w/center PIN (Ground)-to-Molex 8 pin?

Also, I have the NFC S4 Mini computer case so would I be able to use the Molex 8 Pin for the DC jack and DC input cable without modding my case? The S4 Mini has screw holes in the case wall to mount the HDPlex DC jack connector to the case.

Thanks.
:( sadly you can't. Our unit can only take 12v, which minimize the heat generation. But this means you need to find a 12v power brick or get one from us.
For S4 mini, I suggest you getting our 300w adapter and ask for a custom gx-16 connector, which is round it shape. The only thing you need to do to your chassis is to make the powerplug hole larger, to 16mm.

How much is shipping to the UK please? Base + default cables + 400W adapter
It will be 35$

So the google doc form is not a commitment to order? I didn't complete the form because I don't want to waste their time to cancel the order afterwards.
Completing the google form will allow me to have enough information to send you an invoice. Once you paid your invoice you will be put into the pre-order que.

I'm not sure, but I think the only one is the 200w powerbrick from dell.

Yes, they will come with an extra cost. Feel free to PM me if you have special requests!

Sorry for the looong delay. I'm really busy this week and I'm not visiting the forum that often.
If you want me to answer some of your questions faster, please send me an email at trade1461748123@gmail.com
Thanks!

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
sadly you can't. Our unit can only take 12v, which minimize the heat generation. But this means you need to find a 12v power brick or get one from us.
For S4 mini, I suggest you getting our 300w adapter and ask for a custom gx-16 connector, which is round it shape. The only thing you need to do to your chassis is to make the powerplug hole larger, to 16mm.

Instead of the GX-16 could you do a panel mount C-7 connector and adapter?
http://leeselectronic.com/en/product/22191.html

Reactions: 1461748123

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
What's the height of the unit? I'm looking to buy the Hutzy xs and height is a limiting factor.

Tiny

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 31, 2017
Hello, anyone know what the reccommended custom cable length for a S4 Mini build size would be?

Tiny

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 31, 2017
For the g-unique p&p. I assume the standard length will be much longer than what is needed for a 4l case?

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Hello guys, sorry for the long absent!
I'm really sick the last few days, almost to the point that I need to see a doctor. Vancouver is a weird place and we are snowing now although it's spring already... I got the flu and I've basically spent my 2 days in bed.
I'm feeling better now and hopefully I will start replying to emails/pms and process the pre-orders.
Again, I'm really sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.