Log G.Skill Z5i case with 5800X3D | Strix X570-I | RTX 2080 Ti | custom loop with EK hardware

OldManGrimm

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I bought this case when it released, absolutely love the look. Unfortunately the GPU ventilation is terrible; anything over a 3060/6600 level card overheats. I just recently got comfortable enough with custom loops to make this build work. The tempered glass is hinged on either side like doors. Hardware is a 5800X3D/Strix X570-I/2080 Ti/EK Lignum Walnut blocks/fittings. Parts list here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fdW789 .

Cables are handmade, I used MDPC-X sleeving. The overall aesthetic may not be to everyone's taste, but I like the combo of sleek black and real walnut.

Really wanted my cable management to be clean in this case. Added an acrylic panel in the top right to help hide cables. I also tried to do all my split cables where the joint wouldn't show.

SATA power cables on the inline display, pump, and PSU were all shortened, as well as fan and RGB wires. There are a lot of custom mods in this build, some cosmetic, a lot were required to fit the pump/res, radiator, and tubing.

The hardware is EK's Lignum Walnut set. I got the 2080 Ti along with the CPU block and fittings. They don't have a Lignum block for newer GPUs, so I'm sticking with the "older" GPU for now.

The Lian Li controller was too big, and I dislike L-Connect software anyway. I split off the V2 fan and RGB cables and used a Corsair Node (top right) to control the RGB for the fans and the EK reservoir. I also added two 60mm fans up top for some active exhaust.

I could only fit a single 240 rad, as the pump/res took up space preventing a 280 from fitting. My temps are still pretty good though, CPU and GPU will hit upper 60s/low 70s under gaming loads. I know this isn't great for a custom loop, but I managed to get the hardware I wanted to work in the case I wanted, so I'm happy with it.