Power Supply FSP Dagger 600W - A Stab in the Dark?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
It's about time I took a crack at a power supply review, since James has covered this market segment up to this point. FSP has been a manufacturer of SFX power supplies for some time now, with most of their units being supplied in OEM form to case manufacturers such as In-Win and the like. It is in this form that I first tested a FSP power supply, namely a 300W SFX unit that was bundled with an In-Win BK-series chassis. My experiences with this unit was (and continues to be) good, with reliable and quiet operation appearing to be a FSP hallmark across this and the other SFX, ATX, and TFX power supplies from them I have used in the past few years. Will the FSP Dagger 600W hold true to this reputation?

Read more here.

Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Moderately. They do put up some resistance, but on the positive side, this means they hold their shape when formed.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I hope SFX PSUs transfer to 92mm or ideally 100mm fans soon, I get a strange sensation when I see a wee 80mm fan inside an SFX PSU.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Measuring the pictures it does look like it's actually 110mm deep.

I'd still classify it as SFX though since it's closer to that than SFX-L which is 130mm.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I guess that's how they got the connectors flush, they just made the housing bigger.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
There are many ways to skin a cat, as they say.