Fractal Design Pop Mini Silent case questions

SmallComputrBetter

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 13, 2023
I love how this case looks, and I like how I can add an ODD to it without blocking a radiator. My only complaint is that there is an ugly tag that is attached to the bottom right of the case. Is it made of fabric, metal, or plastic? is there any way to remove it? I understand that it makes it easier to remove the magnetic storage/5.25 bay, but it's not like its impossible to remove the bay cover without it. I don't want to cut it off or anything, but is it attached via screws or something and can I remove it without damaging the case or fraying anything? I noticed that in this video (see below) it looks like it has been removed somehow, but I am unsure how. Please help!

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
have you tried popping the front panel off

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
ahh I meant the fabric tag on the side that is most likely fastened with a screw on the front panel

parkqx

Case Bender
New User
Mar 17, 2023
Looking at other Fractal Design Pop cases, it looks like the tag is held on by three screws? I'm not too sure.

SmallComputrBetter

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 13, 2023
Looking at other Fractal Design Pop cases, it looks like the tag is held on by three screws? I'm not too sure.

are those screws or rivets? the fractal pop case has a pretty soft exterior so I wouldn't be comfortable mounting it with C clamps to try and dig out rivets.

SmallComputrBetter

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 13, 2023
The pop mini air obviously has better airflow than the silent, but I prefer full metal side panels and not glass. Is the pop mini silent side panel compatible with the pop mini air so that I can swap the glass panel with a metal one, and if so, where could I get one? Also, I'm planning on adding five noctua 120mm fans to the case, and a 5.25 fan controller that I'll put on top of my ODD, what kinds of fan splitters will I need for something like that?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I see that you have posted several questions about this case. The Pop Mini is a M-ATX case that is 36.5l which is well beyond what most people on this forum consider SFF, just don't be surprised if you don't get many responses.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I consolidated all the different topics you've made with different questions about a single case. In the future, try to consolidate them, we aren't Reddit.
Also, moved the topic to off-topic as it isn't SFF in any way. Please familiarize yourself with the rules.

Reactions: rfarmer