FormD T1: Unipanel & DDC Distro-plate

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Looking really good. 👍

If you had a full plate on the front of the case, could you have both radiators attached directly to the distro?

Reactions: eedev

Fuzzwad

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 4, 2021
Heyo, just stopping by to show some support for this. It's looking super sick. Keep up the good work!

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Looking really good. 👍

If you had a full plate on the front of the case, could you have both radiators attached directly to the distro?

That's if you would want to use two HJ 17 radiators right?
I'm not convinced about their performance as top radiators compared to XSPC's or do you have a thicker/better performing modular radiator in mind for the top?

By full plate are you thinking about a full acrylic front panel or acrylic + aluminium like my renderings but maybe with less alu and more acrylic shown ?

Heyo, just stopping by to show some support for this. It's looking super sick. Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate! 💪🤓

Last edited:
Reactions: Goatee

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
That's if you would want to use two HJ 17 radiators right?
I'm not convinced about their performance as top radiators compared to XSPC's or do you have a thicker/better performing modular radiator in mind for the top?

By full plate are you thinking about a full acrylic front panel or acrylic + aluminium like my renderings but maybe with less alu and more acrylic shown ?

I was thinking that a HJ top rad with a 25mm fan gives some good airflow out of the case. Additionally you could maybe mount the mini pump block you designed there, utilizing the G1/4 ports in the case back to allow you to fill the whole system via that port too.

In terms of the front panel, I was thinking aesthetically it might look really nice to have a full acrylic panel at the front, with rads attached to it at the top and side.

All that said, what you are doing is awesome, I really don't want to derail you. Just trying to give you some more creative thoughts....

Last edited:

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
I was thinking that a HJ top rad with a 25mm fan gives some good airflow out of the case. Additionally you could maybe mount the mini pump block you designed there, utilizing the G1/4 ports in the case back to allow you to fill the whole system via that port too.

In terms of the front panel, I was thinking aesthetically it might look really nice to have a full acrylic panel at the front, with rads attached to it at the top and side.

All that said, what you are doing is awesome, I really don't want to derail you. Just trying to give you some more creative thoughts....
I appreciate it! You challenged me intellectually and it widened my horizons on the mods that could be useful for the T1.

The radiator pump block is the easy part and should be the cheapest. I would like to make one but future proofing it somehow so that it could connect to the distro-plate. Also it is an item you could use in other cases.

That task and the routing between elements isn't easy. But I'm working on it during the evenings. Clearance and GPU compat is also complicated.

Both my 3D printer and HJ rad are on the way, it'll help getting things done I think!

I will show you what I've been doing / trying to do in a post soon 🙂

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Hey mate!

I'm sorry it's been a while... I am not dead!

I have been working hard on the DDC Pump-Block part of this project among other things...

I have received my radiator

Having the radiator in hands allowed me to better understand how it works and I found a simple way to route the water.

I have designed (3 times) and 3D printed the pump-block (standalone, not linkable to distroplate).

This design allows the the pump to be in the center and that will fit in my case (with my GPU HDMI ports)!
I have made different designs with the pump at the bottom and inlet and outlet at the top but I can't use them so...

I have tried to simplify it somehow.

But you know what 3d printed plastic is porous and given time, water will start to find a way!

So I have used nail polish to mitigate this and it got better but still it's not perfect (in 3d print). Otherwise it seems to work as expected.

I think I will try to find someone to make one in Acrylic.

I have not touched the distro-plate and unipanel since, sorry.
I am more interested in this tiny block for now...

See you!

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
If you are going with 3D printing, I think resin (SLA) printing can be used to prototype watertight parts. Entry-level SLA printers are inexpensive, but but the materials are pricey.

Reactions: Gerold and eedev

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Hey mate!

I'm sorry, I didn't update you on this / these project (s) recently.

I tried to get closer to Hybrid Cooling Modding (FR) to build my pump block for the HJ17, at the beginning we exchanged by email and at one point I had no more news.
I was planning to work with him and since I don't know anyone else so well that disappointed me a bit. Especially when it comes to waterproofing I still don't know if it would have held up well...

Also, since then time has passed and frankly I find that my design for the distro plate is not terrible and very complicated to achieve.

So today I prefer to tell you that I gave up on both and also I think it was a bit too much for me =)

I managed to do some cool stuff with 3d printing anyway, it's nice.

Maybe there are more opportunities to do cool stuff in the future!

See you!

Reactions: morj and Goatee

carvallegro

Case Bender
New User
Jul 2, 2021
I love the potential for this project, so sad you changed direction! Is there any chance that you could share the design files? I‘d like to take a shot at it