Log FormD T1 V.2 Reference

Dwight_Fart_Schrute

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jun 20, 2023
Hi everyone! Wanted to share by recent build after I downsized from the SSUPD Meshlicious, into the FormD T1 Reference.

Went Reference since I already had a Founder's Edition card that I'm not planning on upgrading for a while. And I got it for an incredible steal on the used market, dude didn't even build in it.

The Parts:
CPU: Intel i5 12600K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 FE
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Ultra Lite DDR4
RAM: 16 X 2 Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A14 Fans
Power Supply: Corsair SF750
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12x25
Case: FormD T1 Reference
Others: Custom ModDIY 12pin to 8x2 PCI-e cable.

Thermals:

Coming from a larger case with an AIO I already knew thermals were going to take a hit in pursuit of a smaller system. I had already overclocked the 12600K in my previous build and if temps stayed within reason i wasn't going to revert back to stock if the C14S couldn't handle it.

Spoiler alert: It was very close to not handling it lol.

In a Cinebench R23 test the first few times the 12600K was hitting 100C about 5 minutes in.

After reapplying thermal paste things were a lot more manageable with temps maxing out at 96 in Cinebench. Since this is more of a gaming computer I called it a success since my average wouldn't be stressing the CPU this hard.

GPU temps are manageable. The founders edition cards aren't know for doing so great thermally in the Meshlicious so It was undervolted when moved into this case. With the GPU undervolted to 1860Mhz @ 850V the card never hits more that 69C in any thing I threw at it (Heaven 4.0, Time Spy, Cyberpunk 2077, etc.)

Summary:

Buildling in the T1 Reference is very straight-forward because of it's more traditional interior layout. Very reminiscent of an NR200 just with no room for extra cooling considerations. Definitely looking into getting some custom cables made for the 24pin power connector because those stock cables are a little to long for my liking.
Assembling the case before putting the parts in definitely lets the builder know the case a little better which helps with planning the build better.

Here's to hoping the urge to downsize stays away a little longer this time..

Reactions: dealda and rfarmer