Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is the EK-CoolStream SE 240 the rad to use for a custom loop? (120mm width and 26mm thick)

Do you mean the *new EK SE 240mm? Because it's 27mm thick and that will not fit.

Do you have the actual thing in hand and measured it to be 26mm?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-02-07 : 240AIO ppl, I made a new thread and a case just for you

There is just too much congestion on this thread around 240AIO support.

Just comment on the new thread:

DasDonger

Case Bender
Feb 5, 2020
From what has been discussed recently, only black for now but two tone will happen in the future (including upgrade parts like aluminum side panel, TG, etc). There is alsoa limited run of Space Grey (similar to Apple).
So they arent doing the silver anymore like they did with the prototype... that sucks wanted one for my next build.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
@Wahaha360 talking about the mesh, would you consider making the bottom panel out of that mesh? (maybe by adding steel bar on the side of the mesh to gain rigidity). Because right now you have one passive intake of air who is not filtered on your case

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 talking about the mesh, would you consider making the bottom panel out of that mesh? (maybe by adding steel bar on the side of the mesh to gain rigidity). Because right now you have one passive intake of air who is not filtered on your case

You can just buy filter for the Top / Bottom Panel no?

The mesh can’t be shaped into the Top and Bottom Panel. The Panel shape is 3D and complex enough that it can’t be made with a flat sheet.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
You can just buy filter for the Top / Bottom Panel no?

The mesh can’t be shaped into the Top and Bottom Panel. The Panel shape is 3D and complex enough that it can’t be made with a flat sheet.
Well it's better if it's integrated in the case
If you cut the punch-holed area of the existing panel and fix the mesh in it (by soldering it or cliping it), won't it work? Or is it too fragile or way too much expensive (aka more than 50$ for a panel)?

Of course if it's not possible it's not a big deal

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Update 2020-02-07 : 240AIO ppl, I made a new thread and a case just for you

There is just too much congestion on this thread around 240AIO support.

Just comment on the new thread:
will you still, despite of the new 240mm compatible case, sell the 3d printed parts to get the Alphacool to work in the T1?

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019

Do you mean the *new EK SE 240mm? Because it's 27mm thick and that will not fit.

Do you have the actual thing in hand and measured it to be 26mm?
Sorry. I was fooled by a picture on the amazon.com listing for the non-Classic version of that rad.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
The mesh is custom, 1.1mm diameter vents with 1.8mm spacing on 1mm metal.

You are not going to find T1 mesh on the market, because this spec make it very expensive, even more than aluminum + anodizing, for economic reasons, most factories will not make it.

You can make mesh *economically in 2 ways:
1) chemical process (<0.5mm thick steel)
2) punching (holes diameter 1.5x thickness)

You want be ~ 1mm diameter holes for dust filtering purpose. T1's 1.1mm holes on 1mm thick steel requires 1) custom metal, 2) custom tooling and 3) custom oil lubricant.

If you are missing any of the 3 ingredients list above, you will get a panel that is severely warped, surface damaged beyond recognition or use 0.7mm thick metal, which will have stiffness / flex issues. I know because we tried and failed many times.

Afiak, there is no mesh on the market with similar combination of:
1) vent hole diameter vs thickness ratio
2) ventilation density vs. surface area ratio (without having to emboss to add strength)
3) over strength & flex

This is also why making it for the M1 is more complicated.

The surface area of M1 Side Panel is more than T1 Side Panel. Once you increase surface area, you will get more Flex on the Mesh Side Panel, which you will need to compensate by either 1) emboss / flanging, 2) changing mesh spec or combination of both.

I just don't have time to do it right atm.

Thank you for the detailed response. Really appreciate it. Not that'll it'll deter me too much in my own efforts to source some perforated metal and ghetto rig my own together.

Now I wish I didn't bin my QBX case though, the vented panels on that are the closest I've seen in terms of hole size and spacing. Failing that, there's a local metal place that do 1mm hole, 2mm spacing and 1mm thick on 304 stainless steel. It won't be perfect or look half as good as what you're using with the T1 panels, but it might just do the trick for me.

Again, thank you for the detailed specs and insight.

Headacher

Case Bender
Dec 29, 2019
Came out of nowhere! You make it sound like @Wahaha360 is just making this up as it comes to him.

Check Update 2019-08-08

It is standard practice on this forum to put updates in the first post. It has been stated MULTIPLE times within the last two weeks of this thread that two tone would come out later this year. The black version has been known about for 6 months.

The reason I banned myself from posting until now is because while many people think I am rude (which is totally understandable), the information they are looking for is 90% of the time in the first post. Along with photos charts and anything else related to this case. The information is there.

@Wahaha360 is working his butt off to make sure this case is nothing short of flawless perfection. The least we can do is skim through the pages and learn what we can about the case and ask the questions if we can't find the answers.

I might be an ass but I try and take the time to dig deep for information.
Sorry man, im just not familiar with the website and its kind of difficult to find what im looking for

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Well it's better if it's integrated in the case
If you cut the punch-holed area of the existing panel and fix the mesh in it (by soldering it or cliping it), won't it work? Or is it too fragile or way too much expensive (aka more than 50$ for a panel)?

Of course if it's not possible it's not a big deal

I don't like the look of the mesh integrated into Aluminum Top / Bottom Panel. Trying to make the two different material play well on Top / Bottom Panel makes the product look busy.

I just prefer clean cut.

Flipping_A_pebble

Chassis Packer
Aug 30, 2019
Hey @Wahaha360 I love the open mesh design! Do you think that if I add a Cryorig C7G or a Thermalright AXP90 which both are 47mm tall, it will cause turbulence since the fan will be very close to the side panel? Or is the mesh open enough not to cause turbulence with a fan pressed up against the mesh intaking air?

Marauder

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Hey soo i have a several questions ?? ;
1.Will a pcie 4.0 riser be available later on
2.The 2 tone side panels be available in roughly q4 2020 right? Will they be able for purchase seperately and are the two tone colour the same colours we saw at computex (silver and grey)
3.What is the max clearance under the motherboard (for a fan)
4.What type of power button do you use and is it replaceable and will more power button options or colours be available? (cus i think a black/dark grey power button will give it a more stealth look ??)
5.There are 2 holes in the back of the case ; 1 hole is to screw in the motherboard what is the purpose of tue 2nd one (is it for
custom watercooling stuff?)
6.Can a mini dtx motherboard be used in this case?
7.Is the 70mm max for an air cooler in the 2 slot gpu config the absolute max clearance for an air cooler orrr is there like 1-2mm
left over
(cus the loque ghost's stated max clearance is 66mm but optimum tech said that a 68mm rajintek pallas can fit in the
ghost
)

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I might be able to answer a few of those...
1. Would probably increase cost so I'd assume not (plus it's not really necessary atm)
2. The two tone will most likely come as a case set, not just side panels (because, why?) and they will most likely be different IIRC
3. 41mm total (rad+fan)
4. I'd asusme it's replaceable because its screw in. its a 16mm vandal switch
5. They can both be used for custom watercooling, and they are also used the screw in the power button, not sure where you got the MB thing from.
6. No.
7. Assume that there is no extra room, dont give yourself extra room if the developer of the case doesnt say so. Go by what is said because chances are thats all youre getting.
8. No 140mm fans can't fit, only 120mm

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
I don't like the look of the mesh integrated into Aluminum Top / Bottom Panel. Trying to make the two different material play well on Top / Bottom Panel makes the product look busy.

I just prefer clean cut.
Maybe, but since it's the bottom panel , who is facing the desk, it won't be seen anyway so it can be ugly (it didn't look so bad on the node 304 tho, nor would it look worst than an aftermarket dust filter)

Hey soo i have a several questions ?? ;
1.Will a pcie 4.0 riser be available later on
2.The 2 tone side panels be available in roughly q4 2020 right? Will they be able for purchase seperately and are the two tone colour the same colours we saw at computex (silver and grey)
3.What is the max clearance under the motherboard (for a fan)
4.What type of power button do you use and is it replaceable and will more power button options or colours be available? (cus i think a black/dark grey power button will give it a more stealth look ??)
5.There are 2 holes in the back of the case ; 1 hole is to screw in the motherboard what is the purpose of tue 2nd one (is it for
custom watercooling stuff?)
6.Can a mini dtx motherboard be used in this case?
7.Is the 70mm max for an air cooler in the 2 slot gpu config the absolute max clearance for an air cooler orrr is there like 1-2mm
left over
(cus the loque ghost's stated max clearance is 66mm but optimum tech said that a 68mm rajintek pallas can fit in the
ghost
)
based on what I remember of Wahaha answer in this thread:
1. no plan at the moment because it's too expensive
2. q3 2020 for the two tone case and the panels would be available separately
3. 40mm
4. power button in back of the case, futur version would maybe have a front IO
5. draining watercooling
6. no since the motherboard is flipped, it would need to have the AIO in top position per default for that
7. certainly 1mm leftover of clearance with the side panel, but you shouldn't push that limit imo