Production FORMD T1 (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

  • Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

    Votes: 117 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

    Votes: 357 75.3%

  • Total voters
    474

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
548
539
Denver
Bad news - on my way back from EU, Lufthansa may have lost my checked luggage = my components and prototype are gone.

They were suppose to find my luggage, it's been 48hours, chances of finding luggage after 48hours becomes slim.

I have the HWL LS120 and Koolance HX-CU420V radiator, but not much else.

FML

WTF man, that's horrible! Can you at the very least file a claim to get reimbursed for the value?
 

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
381
878
Bad news - on my way back from EU, Lufthansa may have lost my checked luggage = my components and prototype are gone.

They were suppose to find my luggage, it's been 48hours, chances of finding luggage after 48hours becomes slim.

I have the HWL LS120 and Koolance HX-CU420V radiator, but not much else.

FML

Well... I tried to insert this, but it wouldn't work... the feeling remains the same.

https://media.giphy.com/media/BIN2S0sgQwdeE/giphy.gif
 

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
57
59
Bad news - on my way back from EU, Lufthansa may have lost my checked luggage = my components and prototype are gone.

They were suppose to find my luggage, it's been 48hours, chances of finding luggage after 48hours becomes slim.

I have the HWL LS120 and Koolance HX-CU420V radiator, but not much else.

FML

Damn, I hope they can reimburse you/ this doesn't put the whole project too far back. But that really sucks.
 

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
1,885
4,325
Bad news - on my way back from EU, Lufthansa may have lost my checked luggage = my components and prototype are gone.

They were suppose to find my luggage, it's been 48hours, chances of finding luggage after 48hours becomes slim.

I have the HWL LS120 and Koolance HX-CU420V radiator, but not much else.

FML
Hey man, did Lufthansa find your precious luggage?? I hope yes!! Eager to receive updates on this amazing case!
 

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Feb 23, 2015
2,131
10,697
USA
I found a USB-C hub on Taobao. Lazer3D and I have been exploring the variations of this hub for our projects.

There are 3 configuration of this hub that is interesting (all powered by the same chipset GL3520):
1. 2x USB-A 3.0 + 2x USB-C 3.0
2. 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 1x SD Card
3. 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 2x Audio Jack

These 3 I/O boards also happen to have the same screw hole mounting location, so in theory, if designed properly, customers can choose the I/O that best fit their needs.

KpH7JzZ.jpg

* 2x USB-A 3.0 + 2x USB-C 3.0
* 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 1x SD Card

B4mIhWa.png

* 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 2x Audio Jack, curtesy of Lazer3D K888D

w0mOBxi.jpg
13752571151797595495.png

* All powered by the same chipset GL3520



If all goes well, this could be standard part across other projects on this forum.
 
Last edited:

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
95
59
I am wondering if a passive GPU cooling setup with the accelero or Morpheus will work? The internal free volume of the case is very small and should facilitate rapid air exchange. 2 25mm fans will direct air from the bottom, one through an 120 rad, to the top passing through a bare Morpheus heatsink .
 

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
358
546
I found a USB-C hub on Taobao. Lazer3D and I have been exploring the variations of this hub for our projects.

There are 3 configuration of this hub that is interesting (all powered by the same chipset GL3520):
1. 2x USB-A 3.0 + 2x USB-C 3.0
2. 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 1x SD Card
3. 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 2x Audio Jack

These 3 I/O boards also happen to have the same screw hole mounting location, so in theory, if designed properly, customers can choose the I/O that best fit their needs.

KpH7JzZ.jpg

* 2x USB-A 3.0 + 2x USB-C 3.0
* 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 1x SD Card

B4mIhWa.png

* 2x USB-A 3.0 + 1x USB-C 3.0 + 2x Audio Jack, curtesy of Lazer3D K888D

w0mOBxi.jpg
13752571151797595495.png

* All powered by the same chipset GL3520



If all goes well, this could be standard part across other projects on this forum.
Are those potential alternatives to the 2 USB-C+USB-C Style Power Button in the original design or are they meant to replace them?
 

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Feb 23, 2015
2,131
10,697
USA
Are those potential alternatives to the 2 USB-C+USB-C Style Power Button in the original design or are they meant to replace them?

The USB-C shaped Power Button Switch might not be tensioned enough to be satisfying. So I’m open to a new direction.

My gripe with the hub is the necessity of the SATA connector on the back for the current chipset.

I would prefer the entire hub power and data to be driven by a single connector, instead of multuple.

It’s not going to happen on the old USB3.0 20pin, so I’m thinking maybe USB 3.1 Gen 2 20pin Type-E
 
  • Like
Reactions: enricko7 and fabio