Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-12-01: Discord Server​

We also opened a Discord Server because it's a better format for speedier feedback. So come and say hello.

2021-03-22: T1 EVO (aka V2.0) launch pushed to 2022Q1​

Both the Mobo and GPU collaboration planned alongside for T1 EVO (aka V2.0) are pushed back due to global shortages atm. So we are pushing back T1 EVO to 2022Q1 😞.

2021-03-16: T1 V1.1 vs. v1.2 vs. EVO (aka V2.0) Update:​

Support is flooded with emails asking about the difference, so here is the latest:
T1 V1.1 - The best backpack-able Small Form Factor enclosure we can make.
T1 V1.2 - Making V1.1 even better.
T1 EVO (aka V2.0)
WHY - to make Small Form Factor builds more compatible, versatile, tidy and friendly to more people.
HOW - a size, orientation and layout shifting Small Form Factor enclosure that can adapt and change as needed.
WHAT - T1 EVO (aka V2.0) is design to transform into 3 different sizes, <10L, <15L, <20L, and will fit Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX, Micro-ATX depending on the transformation. T1 EVO can be either horizontal or vertical at all sizes, while supporting different layout at each size.
So the design is *not one size, *not one footprint, and *not one orientation. It is variable by design, to be as space efficient as possible based on the components of chose by the builder.
Latest T1 EVO (aka V2.0) Dev Timeline:
  • Factories don't want to deal with T1 EVO complexity, so they quit...haha. Which means no volume production in the near future.
  • Material limitation is another big problem. I have been exploring a material best described as an attempt at Transparent Aluminum. NDA prevents me from sharing, but this material is difficult to manufacturer and insanely expensive.
  • 1st batch will be invite only, limited to people I already know for testing and refining, and the current ETA is April.
  • 2nd batch will open to Priority or VIPs after improving from the feedback from the first batch.
  • 3rd batch will open to the public, after improving from the feedback from the second batch.
T1 V1.1 and V1.2 doesn't have nearly as much complexity. So V1.1 and V1.2 can be made more available and sooner, at least relative to EVO. Hopefully this will help people decide.

2021-01-03 Update: merging P1 into T1 V2.0, the new name is T1 EVO.

Will use this thread to log T1 EVO development, which will combine all of current thoughts on T1 V2.0 redesign and incorporate P1 design as a vertical kit.

P1 design is now a feature of T1 EVO.

Old Posting On P1, now part of T1 EVO!

Update: changed brand name due to banking reasons - Sidearmd was flagged because it's close to firearms.

Update 2020-04-06 : Product Update!

I'm going to prototype both the Horizontal and Vertical case. The Vertical case is a *definitely go. Horizontal case is a maybe. I want to be hit a certain price / function, so let's see what happens after I get the prototypes.

I will wait a little more before revealing the internals - still tweaking.

Update 2020-02-29 : credit to @Metroversal for the design change suggestion

Update 2020-02-16 : Horizontal or Vertical, hard to decide

Great artists steal, so credit to B&O 17​

1. Same sandwich layout like T1, 3-15mm aluminum + CNC + anodizing frame, same high flow mesh for optimal thermals / lower fan speed / noise
2. Hoping to get prototype by Computex.
3. Black color in the works. Window in the works. 2020Q4
4.Target price $150-$200

Can’t decide on horizontal ?
Horizontal: 136x192x326mm, 8.5L
Horizontal with 240AIO: 136x232x326mm, 10.3L
Vertical: 136x232x370mm, 11.7L

Update 2020-02-08 : There is congestion problem with 240AIO inquiries on the T1 thread, so let's just make a new case.

I will show some pictures next week.

Last edited:

raldian

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
Will it have same design concept as T1 (sandwich, movable spin, and flippable) but taller to accommodate 240 AIO?

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
if this is the case that can support AIO, then it will be wider since that is the major limitation for fitting in a 240 radiator.
I'm think you got that wrong. There's only a handful of rads at 25mm or less thick, and even fewer AIOs. Combine that with the fact that one of the fans has to be 15mm thick, and it seems like case height is the bigger limiter.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I said major limitation, not the only limitation. In the T1 thread, there are a couple of suggestions and links provided for that was potentially could fit. All of them were turned down since while they can fit in terms of thickness or length, none could fit on width except the Radiator used in LT240.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Prijomoj

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2019
if you
Excited for this new case!
Please keep the minimal aesthetic of the T1 ;)

Also, I suggest that radiator on top should be the default orientation.
watched video of optium tech u could see if u flip case u have better termals so i would not stick with default orientation

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
if you

watched video of optium tech u could see if u flip case u have better termals so i would not stick with default orientation
Of course I've watched it, Optimum Tech said that one minor drawback of flipping the case is the fact that the power cable will be at the top. Nothing major lol.
Also, since the case is aimed at 240 AIO aficionados, the default orientation should be the one that provides the best cooling performance.

These are only my suggestions, I'm already a fan of the current T1 layout. I'll be fine with any decision from @Wahaha360 ?

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will it have same design concept as T1 (sandwich, movable spin, and flippable) but taller to accommodate 240 AIO?

Sandwich layout, vertical case.

Is this a new case or the 240AIO that can fit inside t1?

You gonna make it taller or wider?

Taller, vertical case.

Also, I suggest that radiator on top should be the default orientation.

Vertical case, so doesn't really apply.

How about making an ATX motherboard case similar to the TX aio by custom mod?

Motivation is the problem.

To get a project to the finish line is a marathon, and unless I'm interested, I prob give up half way, and I'm just that interested in that layout.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Motivation is the problem.

To get a project to the finish line is a marathon, and unless I'm interested, I prob give up half way, and I'm just that interested in that layout.

I assume you meant 'not interested'. ;) it's just kind of boring to see all those sandwich cases over and over, no offense to yours ofc, I think it is the best out there. ATX mobo in an sff sounds great, I find myself missing some of the advantages of an ATX mobo after a long time with ITX.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I assume you meant 'not interested'. ;) it's just kind of boring to see all those sandwich cases over and over, no offense to yours ofc, I think it is the best out there. ATX mobo in an sff sounds great, I find myself missing some of the advantages of an ATX mobo after a long time with ITX.

So the sandwich layout is interesting to me because making it more boring = making it common = growing SFF.

I co-founded NCASE to showcase SFF possibilities. I co-founded SFFLAB to make SFF more approachable (work in progress), I am now working on the sandwich layout to make SFF common.

I find moving the needle most interesting.

Last edited: