Concept FormD T1 V2.0

retrotics

Efficiency Noob
Mar 8, 2020
I became inactive lately but one of the consideration for P1 is that it is supposed to be cheaper than the T1. Is this still a consideration for T1 Evo?
AFAIK, the P1 and T1 2.0/EVO have been merged, and the T1 2.0 will cost more according to Wahaha360, so it will be more expensive. This is probably just because the original pricing of the T1 V1.1 was difficult to keep with the increasing production costs, covid and the huge demand for the case.

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
I am kind of confused about this new T1 V 2.0. Will this case change in dimensions to support larger AIO for example or stay the same size with other changes ? I prefer horizontal cases.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Honestly, I'm not going to go ahead and get hyped for this case until we know more about it.

We need renders & info on changes, possible layouts, hardware support, etc. Especially if it's aimed to release in April, just 3 months from now.

As it is now, we know nothing definitively other than:
  1. There will be a vertical stand add-on.
  2. Goal is to perform cooler than the M1/Meshlicious.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Honestly, I'm not going to go ahead and get hyped for this case until we know more about it.

We need renders & info on changes, possible layouts, hardware support, etc. Especially if it's aimed to release in April, just 3 months from now.

I agree, more info needed...!

Reactions: RickNeclaDon

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

Also:

2020-12-28: dual 240 radiator / AIO support for V2.0​

No increase in size.

T1 AIO prototype next week. Based on the noise and performance, I will change some more.

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
I don't count this because it's still not clear if this is actually mounted to the case or not - so far any T1 dual loops have been custom loops with the rad on the side not even using fans, unmounted.
Plenty of people are using fans, albeit slim ones with only ~5mm between the radiator/fan combo and the GPU block.

Some have it free floating, some have made brackets to mount, myself included.

They could add official support for this relatively easily by making a bracket that mounts to one of the side rails or case bottom and producing a slim radiator, which they've stated they're working on previously.

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
I don't count this because it's still not clear if this is actually mounted to the case or not - so far any T1 dual loops have been custom loops with the rad on the side not even using fans, unmounted.
It seems clear for me.
Dual 240 mm support > inside the case integration with mounting braket or option to fix them.
Otherwise Waha will not officialy advertise it if its not the way he meant.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I’m trying to decide on dual radiator support combo:

1) 280 on mobo side and 240 on top/bottom

2) 240 on mobo side and 240 on top/bottom

The trick is installation difficulty.

@fabio I will make sure the GTS240 will fit on the mobo side, maybe even the GTS280.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

@fabio I will make sure the GTS240 will fit on the mobo side, maybe even the GTS280.
same volume / dimensions for both configs? if same volume then then larger the rad the better. if different volume and single rad is the focus then I'd go 280 on mobo side. but for dual rad, I'd much prefer dual 240. having different size rad & fans is cumbersome to say the least.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
same
same volume / dimensions for both configs? if same volume then then larger the rad the better. if different volume and single rad is the focus then I'd go 280 on mobo side. but for dual rad, I'd much prefer dual 240. having different size rad & fans is cumbersome to say the least.
same dimensions.

I will make the case slightly bigger (135x220x330mm) for 25mm thick fan on the Top/Bottom TX240.

I did some testing, need 25mm thick fan on 20mm thick radiator at least for AIO to optimize noise vs performance

Last edited:

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

Wouldn't it be tricky to route the tubing with the side rad on the mobo side? I imagine that the ports would face the PSU, and two rotary 90-degree fittings would require ~28mm of clearance.

I really like v1.1 layout with the side rad on the GPU side. Routing the tubing is pretty straightforward, just need a proper mounting bracket and a few extra mm of clearance.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019

If an opinion helps. I wouldn´t worry much about ease of installation because I guess people buying this case and doing custom loops in it are not going to worry much about ease of installation. But you know better than anyone who is the typical customer.

On a side note giving support for bigger rad could give some side benefit on compatibility that you are not aware of right now....

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
AFAIK, the P1 and T1 2.0/EVO have been merged, and the T1 2.0 will cost more according to Wahaha360, so it will be more expensive. This is probably just because the original pricing of the T1 V1.1 was difficult to keep with the increasing production costs, covid and the huge demand for the case.
Huge demand should lower the price not make it even more ridiculously expensive.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
There's a super cheap coolermaster elite 120 on craigslist that i was going to buy as a stand-in case until this thing releases but the poster wont email me back smh.

Anyone here in denver and have a cheap ass case to sell? could be convinced to pay for shipping if you're trying to offload a case. the cheaper the better lol i just want to get rid of my mid tower.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Huge demand should lower the price not make it even more ridiculously expensive.
When a product's demand is high, it gives you leeway to push the price up. When the price goes up, you increase the supply to meet this demand though. However, the price increase isn't purely because demand is high but rather the previous design wasn't conducive to high volume production. W360 is redesigning to allow this to be produced in greater quantities but that will entail a price increase to accomodate the extra features as well.