Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I don't want to make many seperate posts, so.

1. How much does the case cost?
2. Will WeChat pay be supported?
3. Is shipping included in the cost?
4. What I spired you to make your own case and how did you learn how to design be cases?
5. Is this your full time job or a side gig?

4/5

This isn't his full time job, he has worked on may projects like the ncase m1.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Depending on where you live, we don't have that info yet due to the fact that China is a mess right now
I hope the case becomes available around early April. Where does the case ship from though? Because I live in China and based on previous posts on guessing shipping is from either China or Taiwan which is pretty close. I'm just gonna guess that the further away the more it cost to ship

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I hope the case becomes available around early April. Where does the case ship from though? Because I live in China and based on previous posts on guessing shipping is from either China or Taiwan which is pretty close. I'm just gonna guess that the further away the more it cost to ship

China and as you know better than we do in the west that it isn't the most economically stable place until the virus clears up.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I don't want to make many seperate posts, so.

1. How much does the case cost?
2. Will WeChat pay be supported?
3. Is shipping included in the cost?
4. What I spired you to make your own case and how did you learn how to design be cases?
5. Is this your full time job or a side gig?

1. $200
2. Working on it, no ETA yet
3. No, shipping to China will be very cheap, $5 - $10
4. I bought a SilverStone SG05, didn't like it, decided to make my own
5. Side hustle

Reactions: forestpatrol

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
My mistake, mini-dtx will not fit.

Radiator Box / Top Hat for the T1 allows it to support 30mm thick 240 AIOs, I’m on the fence.
Do it! Do it! Do it!

Having the option to expand this case with a top hat would be glorious. I LOVE the aesthetics of the T1 and would like to do a full custom loop with normal fans and a bit more wiggle room. I just want a beautiful and silent T1. Have mercy.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
Amazing, at least two amazing cases as a side hustle.
Is your job somewhat related to this industry/hobby?

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
Hi! I went through the recent posts and can't seem to find an answer so I will just ask away. Do we have an ETA as to the date we will be able to start pre ordering this case again? I'd love to get one!

Thanks!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hi! I went through the recent posts and can't seem to find an answer so I will just ask away. Do we have an ETA as to the date we will be able to start pre ordering this case again? I'd love to get one!

Thanks!

Please refer to the first post, the situation in China needs to improve

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-02-18 : Radiator Box / Top Hat clarification.

1. I'm working with motherboard brands to make Mini-ITX and Mini-DTX mobos.
2. As part of the co-branding, I designed a T1 variant with a Radiator Box / Top Hat that would allow for 30mm thick 240 radiators.

This Radiator Box / Top Hat might have to be an exclusive to the motherboard brand and their distributors, it also kills the space efficiency of the whole case, so I'm not too hot about it.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018

2. As part of the co-branding, I designed a T1 variant with a Radiator Box / Top Hat that would allow for 30mm thick 240 radiators.

This Radiator Box / Top Hat might have to be an exclusive to the motherboard brand and their distributors, it also kills the space efficiency of the whole case, so I'm not too hot about it.

Thank you for the clarification! To be clear: I would buy the standard T1 directly from you and then get a special Mini-ITX which is bundled with the tophat?

Personally I'd sacrifice a bit of the space efficiency for the added compatibility. I'm on a NZXT H200 right now so anything smaller than that is already a win ?

mtacx

Chassis Packer
Jan 31, 2020

now this gonna be more interesting.. i know im being greedy but please add moaaarr modularity element :p

Reactions: DrHudacris

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
now this gonna be more interesting.. i know im being greedy but please add moaaarr modularity element :p

Let's be greedy together. @Wahaha360 I know this is a side huslte (as is established now ?) but having some sort of modular T1 system in the long run would be awesome. It would give the possibility to have a super SFF T1 but the ability to ad elements for extended compatibility.

Don't feel pressured though! Concentrate on your vision, it'll be awesome!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Let's be greedy together. @Wahaha360 I know this is a side huslte (as is established now ?) but having some sort of modular T1 system in the long run would be awesome. It would give the possibility to have a super SFF T1 but the ability to ad elements for extended compatibility.

Don't feel pressured though! Concentrate on your vision, it'll be awesome!

That would defeat the whole purpose of a SMALL FORM FACTOR case. I know you guys want to maximize the space you have but that in my opinion make the case something different and take away from its essence.

As someone who has a batch 1 ghost and made a list of all the initial customer complaints, most of them were related to the tophat and how it bowed when put together and had fitment issues. I know that @Wahaha360 can do it 100 times better but I am still concerned that this might become a ghost tophat.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
That would defeat the whole purpose of a SMALL FORM FACTOR case. I know you guys want to maximize the space you have but that in my opinion make the case something different and take away from its essence.

As someone who has a batch 1 ghost and made a list of all the initial customer complaints, most of them were related to the tophat and how it bowed when put together and had fitment issues. I know that @Wahaha360 can do it 100 times better but I am still concerned that this might become a ghost tophat.

I absolutely see your point! And I agree. Something like the tophat should be an additional item down the road and only when it's actually good/viable to do.

Sidearm T1 first, anything else later.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I absolutely see your point! And I agree. Something like the tophat should be an additional item down the road and only when it's actually good/viable to do.

The Ghost S1 extrusion is flawed by design - the rounded corner and the uneven wall thickness creates anodizing variations. The Top Hat side pieces bowing inwards from CNC machining is also bad design.

I have the TaoBao knock-off Ghost case, these problems are solved already = it can be solved.

That is to say, the Top Hat execution can be done well, but the real point is to stay focused on T1 and for the product features to also stay focused.

Sidearm T1 first, anything else later.

Staying focused is the key indeed.

Last edited: