Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Here is my idea of the getting old look for V2 just milling 0.5mm from it and still keeping panel solid.

Back view, extra rigidity from back.

Side view, here is 0.5mm gap from milled solid panel.

This is amazing! I’m sure manufacturing this would be a nightmare, if even possible in a single piece, but it’s a thing of beauty!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nurlan

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015

2021-12-05: Updating default Front Panel design​

In the rendering, from left to right, Split Front Panel, TG Front Panel, TwoTone Front Panel.

I need to wait for Monday work day to figure out how to execute this.
That is the best of both worlds I think. Respectful to the OG but more accommodating to machine time and production. Could a none split panel be offered as well? Kind of like the idea of a single panel, even though I can see the split version being a really good compromise.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

In the rendering, from left to right, Split Front Panel, TG Front Panel, TwoTone Front Panel.

This is the way. I love the two tone, but after having my all black T1 on my desk for so long, I think the most important/defining aesthetic is keeping the split panel and a clean/minimalistic look. I can’t wait to add the reference tower to my desk!

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021

Nice !!!! But, as I said before, my vote goes for the Two Tone.

If the clean, simple panel wons, I'm happy too. :)

MrVirchow

Efficiency Noob
Nov 27, 2021
Since I think the launch will now be pushed back, is there the need to do another round of credit card authorization on which you will charge when the case becomes available with some kind of priority list in order of IC reservations? Or the usual first come first serve brute force kinda way during checkout?

I'd like to know what kind of stress levels I'll have to expect when launch comes around haha

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020

I also voted for the TwoTone just because I wanted a split panel. I do however prefer single color though, so given the new set of options I would now vote for the split look one on the far left (which is just a single color).

jvtrevisan

Cable Smoosher
Oct 23, 2021
@Nomo @Aleksander @PKAWA @Kapsi @fish.ch @Asuka4Laifu @Oranjecrush @Stinkybear @jvtrevisan @JankyWrender @Vareen @NRG @Nurlan @JDuval

Working on the Split Front Panel.
OMG!! The render of the Split Panel is astonishing perfect! Just like I imagined. A simple and clever design to pay a tribute and evolve that T1’s first look moment we all ever had. NICE! 👏🏻

Reactions: PKAWA

JankyWrender

Cable Smoosher
Jun 3, 2020
Here is my idea of the getting old look for V2 just milling 0.5mm from it and still keeping panel solid.

exactly what I was thinking with my above comment, nice work

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018

OMG 🤯
Split front panel looks tremendous!!
Take your time, u are creating a piece of art.

U are the Master of changes.

Don't miss understand my opinion, never.

And thanks for being a great listener and thinker.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Pretty much agree.

The back of the panel needs clearance for PSU and open looping fittings, so just best not to have any protrusions, but other than that, yea, agree.

iRebel

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2019
Hey guys and @Wahaha360 , let's see what you think of this idea:

It would be to exactly replicate the "TwoTone" front panel —keeping the pure lines of the original T1 model— but in one piece, to avoid those two-piece color mismatch problems.

It would be, therefore, the current panel model, but eliminating those unnecessary lines (see fig. 3).

I think the magic of the original T1 was precisely that the front panel was ABSOLUTELY plain, without any additions. And, when you got to the edge, it simply produced the 90% angle. There were NO dividing lines.

:)
+1 to this.

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
I’m for just the plain slab of aluminum as the guys above me mentioned or the straight milled line as an homage to the OG design. I guess the question that needs to be answered is how much of the case identity was tied to the front panel. I personally don’t think it really matters at all what the front panel is, since for me the identity was always in the layout. I think lower price and better availability should be the main points everyone focuses on.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I think lower price and better availability should be the main points everyone focuses on.
I have to agree.

Honestly, after several months of waiting, having to wait for another 1-2 months is just discouraging.

As an EU customer, it sets a precedent that puts me in an unpleasant situation. If I don't want to pay 300€ for this case (something I won't) I have to wait until May, but with 0 guarantee of more delays due to last-minute changes because of opinionated sayings on the internet about non-existing issues. Not to mention unexpected cost increases.

I personally don’t think it really matters at all what the front panel is, since for me the identity was always in the layout. I think lower price and better availability should be the main points everyone focuses on.

If the poll were made among those who actually checked interest and authorized the pre-order (for example in the checking interest process), I feel the result would have been different. The pool, IMO, is open for everybody either for most-likely customers or for people who only want to give their opinion regardless of their intention of buying one. It's going to be interesting to know if after "the solution", the check interest numbers increase accordingly due to those undecided. That would be good (the more the merrier). If not, then it's wasted time.

In my job (software engineering) I see often app dev teams and customers having to deal with pre-release doubts. Some want constant validation from beta testers and they find that there's always something to amend that all of sudden becomes super important. It wasn't for months, but it's overnight, so they feel like delaying release dates over and over. We end up doing micro-iterations on features that don't provide value to the customer, increasing costs that we can not charge to the customers because it would defeat the business plan. That often reminds me of the say: Perfection is the enemy of the good.

Reactions: Kapsi